Author Topic: I just discovered Saga... and I would just like to say...  (Read 2776 times)

I just discovered Saga... and I would just like to say...
I love you. all of you.

I decided to look up the old WC universe a few days ago when i bought my brother a joystick for xmas... and what can i say, i've installed the old games i still have, ordered the ones i don't, and played them all through. i went searching for new material... and found you.

i am truly stunned. i CANNOT WAIT for the full release!

cheers.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Re: I just discovered Saga... and I would just like to say...
Thanks. We are working hard and most of the missions for the final release are ready for testing and bughinting. So you could say they are near beta status.
A lot of things are missing and finetuneing all over the place is required.

Still its good to hear that people like what we are doing.

"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Just played this mod this morning and just Had to register here to let you people know how awesome of a job I think you guys did with this.

Ship models look really good, it really brings back the old WC3 atmosphere. though the textures for the ships look a bit bland. Voice acting was pretty good as well! I played the WC stand off mod before this and the overacting british was starting to get on my nerves, so much infact that I just couldn't play more then 4 missions. Sure you guys are not profesionals either but the well written, witty and funny dialouges really made up for any of that. Some times I was really laughing out loud. Good stuff man.

The freespace 2 engine lends itself pretty wel to emulate the WC experience, like I said already, you guys really caught the atmosphere of it all.
But please, up the punch of the Thunderbolt's main weapons. In wc3 you could seriously damage a enemy craft with 2 full gun blasts. But in Saga I hit a Demon with at least 3 full blasts only to see it still flying about with around 20-40% hull left. The thunderbolts batteries are however pretty much depleted after that.

Anyway, keep up the excellent work!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
We tweaked some of the balance of the game after we released the Prologue and I think that there is a "patch" in progress, well basicly we transfere some changes we made for the main release over to the Prologue. It will be a good while till the patch comes since we are currently focusing on getting the main campaign done.

I hope you will like the main campaign as much as the Prologue.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline CaptJosh

How about a patch to give the Prologue those nice autopilot flybys, too!  :nod:
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
I  think they will be included.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
They will be... AFTER 3.6.10 release.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis