Author Topic: Multiplayer.  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The FSPort 3.1.1 bugfix patch is underway, and Tolwyn and I are finalizing the post-processing on ST:R voice acting. With these projects soon under our belt, it's time to start looking ahead.

Among other things, I want 3.2 to have broad multiplayer support. If anyone here has experience in vetting mods for FS2NETD, making and testing multiplayer missions, and balancing allowed dogfight weapons for player ships, I'm all ears.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
With these projects soon under our belt, it's time to start looking ahead.
Gah, not until after Christmas please. :(

Anyway, the Port already has good multiplayer support - at least from the original FS1 content.  There's multiplayer Silent Threat, multiplayer :v: missions, and a few multiplayer user-submitted missions.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Well, this way it will spur people to actually try playing with the new Port in multi and come up with some ideas by the time we're ready for them. :)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
ask fubar , i spend half my time bug testing  multiplayer with him , maybe he can put a standalone server up to test fsport...., and if he says yes get him to pm me and ill test with him (even if its at 2 am my time)

and congrats guys ive just been flicking through the upgrade and its gorgeous.........
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
w00t shield-less Vasudan fighters ftw
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
ask fubar , i spend half my time bug testing  multiplayer with him , maybe he can put a standalone server up to test fsport...., and if he says yes get him to pm me and ill test with him (even if its at 2 am my time)

Been planing on doing that at least at night.  Just waiting on the patches then I'll toss it up. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
It's up.  3.1.1 without the fsport-mediavps  I'll change it when that patch comes out. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras