Author Topic: The New Earth Defense  (Read 108965 times)

Offline Ariel

Re: The New Earth Defense
i reakky wanna play this campaign already it's sounds reallly good story wise and gaming wise. :yes:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
i reakky wanna play this campaign already it's sounds reallly good story wise and gaming wise. :yes:

At the moment ED is something of a mess. The development cycle has been very long and very convoluted and the lack of SVN has made things even worse. We're alive basically because of Tantalus53 (I can't FRED for ED because of WiH).

However, there is still forward progress, we have some excellent assets, and we now have SVN hosting, which should help with the kind of polish that the campaign badly needs.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
This is the original script I wrote. The first two lines apparently got cut, but the rest is the same:

-snip-
Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work :)
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
ED got an SVN setup? Good for them! If BP development is any indication, this should speed up their development turnaround considerably.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nighteyes

don't worry guys ED progress is heading only forward! sometimes fast, sometimes slow, but well get there in the end :P

If that trailer's subspace effect is in-game (looks too good to be true, though), I will replace all my FS2 subspace effects with it.  >.>

Offline Nighteyes

If that trailer's subspace effect is in-game (looks too good to be true, though), I will replace all my FS2 subspace effects with it.  >.>
its the latest subspace effect from the mediavps, the only difference is the flare that was added in post processing, the gate itself is actually just a 2D image in that sequence :P

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
ED got an SVN setup? Good for them! If BP development is any indication, this should speed up their development turnaround considerably.
>_>
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
>_>

Not yours, qazwsx, it's hosted on FSMods.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
when the hell did we get that?
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1

Actually it's still being set up.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

When blowfish and I talked to Swantz about it.

If ED members paid any attention on internal they'd know since I posted there.  :p

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

• Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very Fuzzy Was He?
Question: Why at the end of the trailer is "Defense" spelled with a C?

And Re Dorothy's voice over, certain words here and there would have better fit the visuals with only minor changes in emphasis here and there...

Otherwise it looks great and sounds great. Particularly the music part. Seeing great mods makes me sad for my abysmal skills....

I can modify tables easy enough (then again who here CAN'T?!)...but I can't FRED the simplest mission to save my life. If I was any good at it it'd be an adventure into turning some of my writing (yes I'm an aspiring author) into an FS campaign...be a damn long one too, sadly. Though in this wouldn't be set in the FS Universe and so would require massive construction of totally original ship models.

Anyhow....can't wait for the release.
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."  - Captain John Sheridan
-------
In Diffucult Ground; Press On
In Encircled Ground; Devise Strategems
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Sun Tzu on The Art of War circa 400 B.C.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Question: Why at the end of the trailer is "Defense" spelled with a C?

The (new) team doesn't seem to agree on which spelling they should use. They're very random, leading me to the conclusion that they just don't care. Its first demo was released as Earth Defence, but the "Earth Defense" spelling came up in several places, then too.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's not so much 'don't care' as 'don't agree'. 'Defence' is the British spelling, and many of the team members are not American. At some point shiv attempted to mandate the use of 'Defense' but that hasn't stuck.

It's a really awful name anyway, and I wish the team would have taken the suggestion to change it.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
At some point shiv attempted to mandate the use of 'Defense' but that hasn't stuck.

Then the team needs to understand the need for consistency. It's much easier to find updates, demos, or other related material if the subject matter's spelling is predictable. Alternative spellings are bad for publicity.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You're preaching to the choir, my friend.

Offline Nighteyes

I've released an effects package, all of these effects will be in ED, go check it out :)
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=68956.0

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
It's not so much 'don't care' as 'don't agree'. 'Defence' is the British spelling, and many of the team members are not American. At some point shiv attempted to mandate the use of 'Defense' but that hasn't stuck.

It's a really awful name anyway, and I wish the team would have taken the suggestion to change it.

Being as the language is english, that would make the English spelling the correct one, no?

Just a thought.

But yeah, Earth Defence isn't a hugely great title, not bad, but not great.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Being as the language is english, that would make the English spelling the correct one, no?

Both are English spellings. :wtf: