Author Topic: How do you make your own Capital Ships?  (Read 2311 times)

acs07

How do you make your own Capital Ships?
I'm a new moder and I see lots of tutuorals on how to make fighters and bombers, but I see almost nothing about Capital ships.  Does anybody know what I should do to 1st make a simple cap ship?  If so it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline QXMX

You might want to check out http://vbb.volition-inc.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/013132.html  if you haven't alreadyinc

------------------
.....File not found....please enter password

[This message has been edited by QXMX (edited 03-28-2001).]

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
It's not that different from fighters, really.  Just more polys, etc.  
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
Not to forget that you have to make the turrets and tell FreeSpace what these turrets fire, how much they turn and so on.

------------------
...and one day, Man will journey farther and faster into Space. - My thoughts

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                      [b][email protected][/b]                                    >

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!
If anyones interested,  I could make up a tutorial to make one...

------------------
"Supernova, ya supernova, supernova goes pop
supernova, ya think it's over but the supernova don't stop" PM5K
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
#knees death in the groin#
Rimmer:"Remember matey, it's only the good that die yoing"
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Would be useful, but don't get lost in putting too much detail into it - you might not be able to finish it.

As for building capships - essentially, building a capship is like building a bomber, but everything is bigger or more numerous; subsystems, turrets, engine glows, textures.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

acs07

Claw I would love that capital ship tutoural, I would appreciate if you can make it. Or any infomation in full detail about what programs to use and what is the eaisest to use.