Author Topic: SH Gargant  (Read 14496 times)

originally posted by Su-tehp
And FS2, the Shivans were victorious? I think not. The Sathanas fleet was all set to wipe us out again, but we managed to keep them at bay when we cut off Capella from the rest of the GTVA. Once again, we stopped the Shivans from extinguishing both our species. Sure, the Shivans inflicted very heavy casualties on us during both wars, but that's to be expected. You don't judge whether you're victorious in war by how small your casualties are (or, conversely, you don't judge your loss by how many people you lose). You judge your victories by whether or not you accomplished your objectives in stopping or destroying the enemy.

i'm not sure about that cos the Shivans went straight to the Capella star only destroying wotever stood in there path to the Star and in the cutscene we see them jumping out the system, so they are not trapped in system, so in a sense the shivans attaind a victory,
"For 10,000 years we have thought the
long war and our hatred still knows no
succour. Those who have defied us shall
feel the full wrath of Chaos..."
-Abaddon the Despoiler.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Su-thep:
FS1: do you call losing two homeworlds a victory? Shivan objective was to destroy the homeworlds, well, they dstroyed one and isolated tnhe second. I call FS1 a draw game
FS2: The Shivans were isolated in Capella. Yup, that's true, but what was the use of that? Capella was their objective... The GTVA kindda locked the killer and the victim in the same room :rooleyes: If the shivans wanted to, they could have swarmed the GTVA way earlier during FS2 ( for exemple, the Sathanas that destroyed the Colossus could just have go on in GTVA space, where nothing could have stoped it). The Shivan destroyed their target, the GTVA closed nodes for nothing ( everything that was in Capella was destroyed). I call that victory for the shivans.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Setekh
Yeah, humans are like that; fight to the death, make the enemy pay for every yard they gain.

Yes that may be true but Vasudans never give up. When a fellow Vasudan dies, they say: Not sorrow, but VENGEANCE! So they are VENGEFUL. And besides, Vasudans have some very good kick ass ships like: Hatshepsut, Ptah, Mentu, Sobek... crud.. I can't name them all. OK I love them all. :D :D

Offline Grey Wolf

This is just a bit OT....
But anyway, I like the Terrans, but the Shivans are just too powerful...
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Razor

How about you make a 100 km long shivan ship and then you can make it invulnurable.

Just think. A 100 km long monster made to slaughter anything in it's path. ;7

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by venom2506
Su-thep:
FS1: do you call losing two homeworlds a victory? Shivan objective was to destroy the homeworlds, well, they dstroyed one and isolated tnhe second. I call FS1 a draw game
FS2: The Shivans were isolated in Capella. Yup, that's true, but what was the use of that? Capella was their objective... The GTVA kindda locked the killer and the victim in the same room :rooleyes: If the shivans wanted to, they could have swarmed the GTVA way earlier during FS2 ( for example, the Sathanas that destroyed the Colossus could just have go on in GTVA space, where nothing could have stoped it). The Shivan destroyed their target, the GTVA closed nodes for nothing ( everything that was in Capella was destroyed). I call that victory for the shivans.

Venom, the Shivans' objective in both wars was to exterminate both the Terrans and the Vasudans. They failed both times because we're still here. In FS1, the Lucifer fleet came to kill off ALL Terran-Vasudan worlds; Earth and Vasuda Prime were only the primary targets. It seems that once Earth and Vasuda Prime were out of the way (because Earth had the largest concentrations of Terrans and Vasuda prime had the largest concentrations of Vasudans), I don't doubt that The Lucifer fleet would have gone on to destroy the other colony planets next.

As for FS2, what makes you say that Capella ALONE was the Sathanas fleet sole objective? What makes you think that the Shivans would NOT have advanced into the rest of Terran-Vasudan space if we hadn't collapsed the Capella nodes?  :rolleyes: How do you know that it wasn't the objective of the Shivans to make EVERY star in Terran-Vasudan space go nova? This is something that would have required the entire Sathanas fleet so a single juggernaut (like the one that killed the Colossus) wandering off alone further into GTVA space would have been counter-productive. Once the GTVA collapsed the nodes, the Shivans couldn't advance any farther, even though I'm sure they wanted to.

I'm convinced the Shivans WERE trying to exterminate us during both wars. And in the face of being attacked by the Shivans, a species that effortlessly eliminated a race that created an empire spanning several galaxies (yes, I'm talking about the Ancients here), continued survival is a victory.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2002, 06:45:57 pm by 387 »
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Nico

• Venom
what makes me think the sathanas were aiming at Capella only? Easy: You may have noticed that half of them jumped out and the other half was destroyed. Whatever happened, there's no sathanas left in Capella, so they were not trapped by the NGTA which blown up two nodes for nothing. So don't :rolleyes: at me when you don't consider all the facts. Thery would have wanted to kill us all in FS2, they would just have done it, they wouldn't have stopped at capella, the 80 sathanas would have crushed the NGTA like I crush an ant. If you want to exterminate a species, you don't blow up stars, you blow up ships and when that is done, you blow up colonies, just like the Lucifer did.

For FS1, I don't concider it a victory, sorry. For the shivans, this was probably just a little skirmich, what did they lose? a big destroyer, 4 or 5 smaller ones, and two handfull of cruisers. What did we lose? entire fleets and two homeworld. Now that's a victory. You're the kind of guy who would call a victory a match that you were losing, but eventually your challenger had to leave for some reason before the end of the match.edit: btw, if earth and vasuda were the primary targets, as they got both, doesn't that makes them consider their mission as a success? if we consider we beat our own ( destroying the Lucifer), that makes a draw.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki

Enough already.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
The Shivans have other things to be concerned about........

And whoever assumed attacking Sol (Earth was never confrimed as the target) and Vasuda Prime was intended to exterminate the Terrans and Vasudans?

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine
Originally posted by aldo_14

Shameless Nightmare p1mp!
~Delta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by aldo_14

And so do the GTVA :D

Offline Razor

By the way Woomeister, go here and introduce yourself with the Gargants worst nightmare, the Excelsior, the best ship in the galaxy. :D :D

It can take down the Gargant in no time. It has 6 of my specially   made ***** beams which can fry a fully operational Sathanas in one shot. :D

Shivans are about to meet the ship that will change the odds.
Coming to Epsiode 2 of the Dark Empire campaign

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Razor
It can take down the Gargant in no time. It has 6 of my specially   made ***** beams which can fry a fully operational Sathanas in one shot. :D

Bah the Gigas can do that :D
and so can the Jotun :D (nearly)

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Woomeister

Bah the Gigas can do that :D
and so can the Jotun :D (nearly)

*Sarcastic* Really? No kidding?

I am not gonna tell you guys a lot about this ship but when the Episode 2 comes, oh yeah, :D the Shivans will have to hire some of their nurses to change their diapers after a hard battle against the GTVA.

Offline Razor

By the way Woomeister. Did you use the deisgn for the Jotun from the FS1 credits? Come on admit it! Don't make me post a screenshot of that ship in those credits!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Venom made it from the concept pic :p
There's a thread about it in the modding forum.

Offline Razor

Well at least you admited. Is there a download of it along with the special bombs that Jotun carries?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well at least you admited. Is there a download of it along with the special bombs that Jotun carries?

Admitted what? Venom made it as someone challenged him to do it. Most people know this.

It isn't avaliable yet (needs selection icon)
and I won't be including it's bomb if I do release it.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Well at least you admited.

Dude, everyone knows that's why it was built in the first place... :p :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Nico

• Venom
yeah, and it's not the only one, i also made the benkei, the serpent and the hydra from V concept pics. That's no secret :)
SCREW CANON!