SB Seraphim
1 (1.3%)
SB Nahema
1 (1.3%)
SB Taurvi
6 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: March 13, 2002, 10:01:50 am

Author Topic: Most [Useless] Shivan Craft  (Read 8083 times)

Most [Useless] Shivan Craft
uh

*looks at dates*

:WTF:

oh, votebump, ok Free Terran (or if it'snot him, whoever voted this time), don't vote in old polls, it will bump them.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
OK OK
I don't vote again in old polls.
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
And this children, is why you always time out your polls :yes:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Originally posted by Free Terran
a shameless votebump

hey, i geussed right, howcould that be  :drevil:
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Reading throught this thread, I realized that you keep the Basilisk the worst. I am on the same opinion, just keep in mind you base your opinion(s) on a ship you haven't flown. Fighting against the Hercules meant less challange than the Basilisk, because the Herc blows up quickly compaired to the Basilisk, and I think they are at the same speed(I haven't had a look at the TBL) But you can fly the Herc, and you keep it even better than the Basilisk. What if you could fly the Basilisk? I am sure your opinion would change.

I am surprised nobody voted the Seraphim, or the Nephilim. I wouldn't fly any of them.
OH! I base my opinion on a ship I saw being flown only by the Ai. I would try it, and make my opinion based on that experience.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2003, 03:53:12 pm by 1079 »
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by kasperl
uh

*looks at dates*

Funny, I didn't notice anything amiss - until I saw Setekh's posts in the thread. Then I looked at the dates. :p

Hmm... to close or not to close, that is the question, blah blah blah...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
Meh. Keep it open. :nod:
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Until we start spamming it, again. Then lock it.

Was there a most usless vasudan craft thread?

Offline LAM3O

The comm node of course, though i'm sure in freespace 3 we would have learned it is their most important.

Offline Raptor

Originally posted by CP5670
One of the main problems with the Shivan ships is that all the Shivan primary weapons really suck and they use crappier versions of the same secondaries as the GTVA. The light laser fires fast compared to the other two but is still slower than the Subach and does little damage. The heavy laser does twice the damage but fires at less than half the speed, and overall performs about the same as the light. The mega laser does double that of the heavy (Kayser-type damage), but fires even slower, making it not much better. :p

You haven't seen my remade Shivan weapons....;7

For me, It's the Ashema.  It is worse than the Bailisk, by a long shot.  In fact, I hate it so bad I have banished it from my Ships.tbl file (makes room for other, better ships :thepimp: )
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by Raptor

You haven't seen my remade Shivan weapons....;7

For me, It's the Ashema.  It is worse than the Bailisk, by a long shot.  In fact, I hate it so bad I have banished it from my Ships.tbl file (makes room for other, better ships :thepimp: )

Agreed...at least the Basilisk you can forgive because its from FS1 and it was a damned heavy nasty fighter.  With Avenger cannons, it did take several hits to knock down and its missiles were just brutal against freighters and transports.  But now with fancy Kayser cannons you can blast through em in two or three shots :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 06:09:36 pm by 18 »
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
No...  No more vote-bumping!  I've opened this thread three times thinking it contained something new but to no avail.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I re-did the Shivan weapons and ships...the Ashema rocks by me....The original sucked dough!
And the Basilisk is cannon fodder.... needed a little tuning...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Originally posted by StratComm
No...  No more vote-bumping!  I've opened this thread three times thinking it contained something new but to no avail.

same thing here, this is getting,really, really annoying.

ah well, life sucks,doesn't it?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by TrashMan
I re-did the Shivan weapons and ships...the Ashema rocks by me....The original sucked dough!
And the Basilisk is cannon fodder.... needed a little tuning...

I also have my own TBL data, where Shivan weapons and ships are far better. In addition, I could edit the POF of the Basilisk, giving it two additional turrets, to make it as effective with lasers than the Herc Mk I.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline FreeTerran

I think the Mara is the best fighter of the shivans and the Seraphim the best bomber.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I think the Mara is the best fighter of the shivans and the Seraphim the best bomber.

That's right, but I have doubts if the Seraphim is the best bomber, my personal subjective opinion prefers a more maneuverable one, like the Taurvi, or the Nahema.

I am still surprised nobody has voted the Nephilim yet.:blah:

Offline FreeTerran

My personal favorite bomber is the Tauvi too.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
My personal favorite bomber is the Tauvi too.

Would be good to be able to fly it. I open a new thread with the question 'How can I make a ship flyable?" in FS Modding section.

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Grrrrr....

Do. Not. Bump. Old. Threads.