Author Topic: Port forum not showing new posts  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Port forum not showing new posts
For some strange reason, the FS Port forum has stopped showing the new posts icon on the main forum index, even after several new posts have been made since my last visit; the same is true for the ST:R subforum within the Port forum.  I haven't noticed it occurring with any other boards.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Port forum not showing new posts
I've noticed that on a forum every once and awhile.  Also noticed forums showing new posts when there aren't any from time to time.  Usually fixes itself after awhile.  Probably something in the browser cache.   
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Uhm, the same happened...well...has something to do with...

:nervous:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The FSPort board has always been a bit weird IMO. As in, when I've seen all new posts already, and it still says there are new posts in there.

And I agree with Mobius I think it's <bzzzzzt> messing things up.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Hmm...you might be right.  Cursed secret dealings...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes, the lack of SMF support for my sekret feature necessitated some PHP jury-rigging.  I'm pretty sure that's the reason.

Offline Nuclear1

Actually it's just Goob.

OM NOM NOM NOM
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!