Author Topic: Question, Static Space camera view??  (Read 5358 times)

Question, Static Space camera view??
I'm not that familiar wit Freepace 2 but can somebody tell me if there's a kinda "Static camera" that u can place somewhere in space wherever u want, or at least a "Drop camera", that would be a nice view, I remeber XWA "Video Room" Where u could watch the mission from every
Angle again wit a Free Camera, would be an nice feature for all the movie makers, expecialy with those Nice looking Star Wars Models :nod:

Re: Question, Static Space camera view??
i d love a replay and a possiblity to extract a video from it frame bv frame, that would mean that the computer's power do not take into account for frame rate when sorting a video...
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
There is no replay that I know of, but there are a lot of filming options you can use to make fanimations.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
You can learn to make cutscenes in FRED. It's possible to use a static camera there and control your ship. For more serious or ambitious animations, you're probably better of with a real animator program, however. FRED is nice for some random eye-candy, but if there's a strict screenplay you want to stick it, there are severe limitations in the FRED way.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

:confused: :confused: Thanx so far, but where can I get this "FRED" and which keys do i have to press to use this camera inside of the Game... :confused: :confused:

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It's not a camera you just freely control in game, it's something you build into a mission.  FRED is the mission editor, it comes with Freespace.  I don't think there's anything quite as easy to use as you might be hoping though...
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Just had an interesting thought on this that might interest the coders.  If you think about it all the data you would need to replay a mission is already being packed up and transfered in multiplayer.  If you would store that data then wouldn't it be possible to play the whole mission back from any objects point of view?  I'm not saying it wouldn't be a lot of work just tossing the idea out there.  Also the multiplayer packets would have to be generated and stored for single as well. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I believe this topic was raised once before, and part of the problem is that, whilst the Multiplayer packets deal with some of the data involved, testing to see if the Hull is zero etc is done at the Client end. There were concerns, from what I remember, that the replay would not always run through in exactly the same manner as the game progressed in real time because there are random factors involved with how much hull is taken per hit.

I'd have to track down the thread, but I think it went something like that.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Even IL-2 has those kinds of issues.   I've saved tracks that on occasion seem to play back a bit differently each time, even in single player only mode.  May just be corruption though.

Offline aRaven

Even IL-2 has those kinds of issues.   I've saved tracks that on occasion seem to play back a bit differently each time, even in single player only mode.  May just be corruption though.

I had the same experience with IL2...

I also used to modify the craft attributes in XWA, which also resulted in altered playback behavior.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I guess the point is that if even professional games haven't been able to get it perfect, getting it close is about all anyone could hope for, if someone were to attempt it.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Not that I'm saying anything about the replay or camera view, but I know I'm shooting for this mod to be better than professional quality =P

Chief, you're such a downer
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Nonsense, if all you're hoping for is par, and you do even better, then it exceeds your expectations :)

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Who's hoping for par?  I can't exceed my expectations, my rabid coffee and cigarette addictions won't allow anything less than perfection. =P
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Woohoo! I'm not the only Nicotine/Caffeine powered modder on the Forum!

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
That's news to you?  Jeez where have you been since I showed up?  Everyone knows that it's the caffeine and nicotine that give me my power

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Nope, always thought I was pretty much the only smoker on Hard Light to be honest, though admittedly, a lot of programmers are Caffeine to Code conversion systems ;)

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Nope, definitely a heavy smoker, coffee drinker as well here.  It's the source of my modeling prowess

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I don't smoke and I can't model. I'm happy that way.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, the reason I don't usually mention the fact I smoke is simply because I just know I'd get a barrage of people telling me (a) that it is anti-social and (b) that it is bad for me, and then I'm forced to point out that (a) I'm anti-social and (b) I know.