Author Topic: Novax.pof  (Read 2021 times)

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Yesterday I tried to open some old campaigns to see if there is any stuff that can be re-used. I opened the vp of The Janus campaign and... I found a novax.pof. I have tried to set up the tables to take it into action but it seemed that the engine only recognized one texture (nova-x-05) of the pof. Can anyone explain me why and can anyone be able of adapting this pof for the current version of TBP ?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 08:00:59 am by darkmaster »
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
If the model is missing textures it is likely that the textures applied to the model refer to actual texture graphic files that don't exist. Why don't you check. ModelView32 will tell you the name of the textures applied to the model. The 2.0 beta of VPView32 will allow you to view the contents of the core vp.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Thank you IP. Actually I managed to make it work but it seems that this ship is just a normal Nova with Shadow texture and a lot of beam weapons. I will search the web to verify if it is really a Nova-x or just a fake.

EDIT : Checked. Just a fake, the real ship looks totally different.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:43:12 pm by darkmaster »
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I believe that the "real" Nova-X isn't real at all, but an accident by the 3D Design team for "In The Beginning".  So the story goes, during CGI for an engagement early in the Earth-Minbari War, a group of EA ships are seen getting trashed by a group of Minbari ships, and while they are intended to be Novas, if you look sharp you can clearly see the rotating sections of Omegas.  The fan-decided reason for this, is that these were a small number of prototypes for rotational technology, grafted into the hull of Nova class ships, with an extension insert of course.  It was decided that these were Nova-X, though I also have seen references to similar warships under Project Orion (also semi-fanon) which immediately preceded the Omega class.

It should also be noted, that the Shadow Nova (Nova-X) was a part of Den5's "In The Beginning" campaign.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
there are some many CGI accidents:

Into the Fire: A Shadow Scout shooting a Slicer Beam (right when the First Ones arrive)
Patterns of the Soul (Crusade): Shadow Fighters (!) shooting Slicer Beams
The Infamous Fury has 4 Cannons Thing
The introduction of beam weapons for the EA in Season2, which lead to the canon solution of the refitting to Midwinter class
The overall increased speed of space dogfights starting at Season 2, guess it didn't feel as chaotic as needed

so many more, like the whole Centauri Prime Bombing Scene, numerous B5 shoots at things errors and...
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
When it comes to Tales of EAS Janus campaign Nova-X is Nova with shadow textures (and weapons). This is how Pera intented it to be when he made it back in 2001 or 2002, if I remember correctly.
Lady Rose, survivor of VWBB with 1198 post, lost somewhere along the line

Creator of Tale of EAS Janus campaign
Mod leader of FWW2 - Finland At War 1939-1945 for Armed Assault