Author Topic: Pick your favorite screenshots  (Read 15317 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Pick your favorite screenshots
I'm starting a daily (hopefully) pick your favorite screenshot thread.  Every day I will add a new set of screenshots from a TBP mission or two.  Look through them and pick the ones you like.  I will then upload the favorites as content on ModDB. 

Since I was already looking at Raider Wars I started there.  Todays shots are from the Intro and Mission 1.  There are 49 of them but you will notice each one twice.  First is the straight screenshot.  The one below it is with the gamma adjusted to about what I see in game. 

Click to view them here.

Click to download .rar here.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Re: Pick your favorite screenshots
And how to "pick" ? I meaned, how to let you know which one I like while there is a bunch of them ?
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
1,3,4,,9,29,45 but I don't want my suggestion to count any more than any other punter. Also I think the gamma variations are too dark and too light respectively. Half way between would probably be perfect. It's a toughie. Too dark and you can't see anything. Too light and the lack of shadow makes everything look flat.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
And how to "pick" ? I meaned, how to let you know which one I like while there is a bunch of them ?

Click on the pic and open it.  The file name will show in the address bar.  Alternately you can just put the mouse pointer over it and look at the url in the lower left corner. 

@ IP I can do a set half way in between.  Wouldn't take long. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Let's see what everyone else thinks.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Files with gamma in between uploading now.  Should be available in a couple of minutes. 

I made the file easy to edit for just such an occasion.   :D

Finished.  The webpage is in order but the file names aren't.  Basically a filename ending in a is gamma 1.6, b is 1.3 and no letter is default 1.0.  I play at around 1.5 - 1.6 depending on which computer I'm on.  This may be one of those things that's going to vary from computer to computer.  What looks good on my system might not on yours and vice versa.   
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 04:17:20 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
I like the darker ones.

My choices are:

RW_M1_4,
RW_M1_7,
RW_M1_9,
RW_M1_30,
RW_M1_36,
RW_M1_42,
RW_M1_45,
RW_M1_48
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 04:37:55 pm by Angelus »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
As in no letter or the 1.3 ones?  Pleas include the letter if you like the one that ends in the letter.  In retrospect I should have made all three have letter at the end. 

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
As in no letter or the 1.3 ones?  Pleas include the letter if you like the one that ends in the letter.  In retrospect I should have made all three have letter at the end. 

Fixed.

It seems only the gamma corrected images have the letter at the end.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I like the darker ones.

I'm tempted to trust Angelus and others on this as I am viewing these images on a laptop which tends to make everythinga bit darker (ie: the letterless images might appear too dark for me when actually they are quite nice).

Offline -Norbert-

4b
5b
31b
49b
45b

I usually like the "b"-varients most, but I guess it really depends on the picture. The darker ones look a bit more threatening so they would be better for sneak missions or the nightmare mission.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Sneakily viewing on an lcd monitor at work  :nervous: the b variants look pretty good to me also.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
me thinking:
3b
4b
6b
28a (b is a bit too dark, although a is a bit to bright  :mad:).
29a
46b
49b

This mission is dark, so I don't have any problems with some dark shots. Bright systems, dark systems, both good. Sets different moods.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I too tend to think most of the b (1.3 gamma) variants came out better.  There are some exceptions.  First pic is more then bright enough at the standard gamma.  Some others are hard to make out even at the 1.6 gamma.  Guess that's why were voting. 

Well while I'm tallying up the votes and getting ready to upload you guys can start with tomorrows voting.  Missions 2 and 3 are up. 

Click to view Mission 2 shots.
Click to view Mission 3 shots.

Click to download .rar here.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
check the upper right corners FUBAR  :ick:

still, most are pretty epic. I would also like to see at least a few screenshots with actual HUD to post at ModDB, some people still think this is some kind of Homeworld rip-off.

Man, I am looking forward to my new rig, I am going to record a few missions then.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, just trim off the edges ;)

M2_16c
M3_21a

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Yea I know when I switched computers I forgot I had debug mode on.  It's only there for these 2 missions and the first pick of mission 4.  Rest won't have it.  At least the FPS didn't show up. 

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
RW_M2_3b.jpg
RW_M2_16a.jpg (I love my Raider Carrier)
RW_M3_4b.jpg
RW_M3_17b.jpg (I love my Nemesis missiles too)

Shame no action shots of GOD firing it's beam and missiles.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
You must have missed M3_22 then. 

My votes were 1, 3b, 9b, 28a, 29a, 31b, 40a, 48a, 49a. 

Yesterday's winners: 

4 (specifically 4b) with 4 votes
3b,9,29a,31b,45b,49b all with 3 votes
1 with 2 votes but they were mine and IP's.  :p Also a second shot from the intro doesn't hurt. 

They are uploaded.  I'll have to remember it posts them in reverse order so 4b ended up last instead of first. 

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 04:54:46 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
My votes are:

M2:

RW_M2_1a
RW_M2_3a
RW_M2_12b
RW_M2_16a

M3:

RW_M3_5a
RW_M3_13b