Author Topic: Pick your favorite screenshots  (Read 15227 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: Pick your favorite screenshots
I think the moddb page has ample great screenshots now. Thanks Fubar as ever. You really have made a huge effort for this game.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
yeah, he is crazy.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I've got quite a few more already ready to go.  I'm going to cut back to about a set a week though.  The good part is I'm getting a lot of testing done with 3.6.10.  Other than that one RW mission 9 variable problem no other engine bugs.  Quite a few mission bugs from doing crazy things to get the pics. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Alright looks like M4 8a, 11a, & 14a and M5 1a, 5a, 6a, 10b, 11b, 19a will be posted.

Voting will now be open for a week.  Also a new twist.  Not telling where these are from.

Batch 1
Batch 2
Batch 3

All 3 batches in a .rar
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:12:26 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Awesome shots, me likes them! :)

Voting for:

Guess2_1a
Guess2_5a
Guess2_8a
Guess2_9a
Guess2_10a
Guess2_11a
Guess2_12a

Guess3_1a
Guess3_2a
Guess3_3a
Guess3_4a
Guess3_5a
Guess3_6a
Guess3_7a
Guess3_8a
Guess3_9a
Guess3_10a
Guess3_11a
Guess3_12a

Guess4_1a
Guess4_2a
Guess4_3a
Guess4_4a
Guess4_5a
Guess4_6a
Guess4_7a
Guess4_8a
Guess4_9a
Guess4_10a
Guess4_11a
Guess4_12a

It's hard for me to choose only a couple of pics from the last two, so i voted for all of 'em.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Guess2_1b
Guess2_9b
Guess3_1b (what hanger is this?)
Guess3_4b
Guess3_10b
Guess3_11b
Guess2_12b
Guess4_1b
Guess4_3b
Guess4_6b
Guess4_11b
Guess4_12b

These missions are visually stunning.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline -Norbert-

Guess2_1b
Guess2_2b
Guess2_3a
Guess2_10    Here I'm undecided between a and b.... b lets you see more of the ship, but a brings out the light effect of the beam better....  but one of those should definately be in!
Guess2_11b  Cute, the little ones wants to make war  :P
Guess2_12b

Guess3_1a
Guess3_3b
Guess3_4b
Guess3_6b
Guess3_8b
Guess3_10b

Guess4_1a
Guess4_2a
Guess4_3b    close call. a looks more threatening, but on my screen you only see the completely black shape of the Shadow ship. On b you see a bit of the hull textrue.
Guess4_4a
Guess4_6b
Guess4_11a
Guess4_12a   "It was black against space. You could only see it, because it blotted out the starts..." or in this case the nebula  :)

Offline Vidmaster

no specific votes from me, I can't decide.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Anyone think it's worth updating the HLP website with these?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I was going to go back and make a page with the winners and either put them on the website or just link to where they are.  If I leave them where they are it doesn't eat up HLP resources and I could even leave them all there.  Even if I go that route I'll make a winners page.   Probably do a thumbnail system like I did for the background page. 

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Sounds good. Could be coupled with a cull of the crappier screenshots from the website. Some of them are really old and don't reflect the mod in it's current state. Anyway, one for the future. I'm happy to help with this.

Offline Vidmaster

we should put these shots on the ModDB page now.
What's next? "Storm the Castle" from RW or "Against the flood" from FH2260 are intense and beautiful looking missions.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Not sure what's next but these will be put up tomorrow.  Well later today.  I have some more RW and EMW Demo ones ready to go.  A few of them came out great if I do say so myself.  I could start playing DC or FH again.  See how they do in 3.6.10. 

No reason not to get a start on voting for the next batch.  Couldn't decide so how about EMW Demo 3 and RW 6 & 7. 

EMW Demo 3
EMW Demo 3 .rar

Raider Wars 6
Raider Wars 7
RW 6 & 7 .rar
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:30:32 am by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline Vidmaster

I could start playing DC or FH again. 

well, if DC makes trouble I won't update it again (that mini-campaign drove me crazy during testing). And both FH campaigns have undergone massive updates since the last release (which will be included in the Trilogy release, as usual) which will require all new test runs, although they seem to work. So maybe you should wait with that campaign.

After all, we got plenty of screenies now. I say just pick a few exceptional missions (again, like Storm the Castle) for a few additional ones and that's it.

Offline -Norbert-

Bab5_Demo3_2a
Bab5_Demo3_4b
Bab5_Demo3_8a
Bab5_Demo3_11a
Bab5_Demo3_15a
Bab5_Demo3_16a

RW_M6_4b
RW_M6_13b
RW_M6_15b
RW_M6_16b
RW_M6_17b

RW_M7_1a
RW_M7_5a
RW_M7_7a

Offline Vidmaster

seems like my opinion is very different from Norbert's this time  :lol:

Demo3:
4a
13a
16a

RW6:   (problem about these is that we already have many similar, since Altair is visited various times.
1a  (I demand this to be uploaded!!!)
2a (and this too!)
4a

RW7:
2a
11a

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I could start playing DC or FH again.

well, if DC makes trouble I won't update it again (that mini-campaign drove me crazy during testing). And both FH campaigns have undergone massive updates since the last release (which will be included in the Trilogy release, as usual) which will require all new test runs, although they seem to work. So maybe you should wait with that campaign.

After all, we got plenty of screenies now. I say just pick a few exceptional missions (again, like Storm the Castle) for a few additional ones and that's it.

I don't think there will be any problems with DC and I'll hold off on testing FH then.  I'm sure I can do Storm the Castle. 

Any other requests? 

First batch of todays winners posted.  The big winners were:

Guess_2 1b and 12b
Guess_3 4b amd 10b
Guess_4 no clear winner. 

Since they were all liked so well I'm uploading most of them. 

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
In case you haven't notice the other 2 batches have been uploaded. 

Come on people we need more then 3 or 4 voters.  Looks like were getting some viewers just not voters. 

Offline -Norbert-

seems like my opinion is very different from Norbert's this time   :lol:
Nothing like a little diversity eh? :)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Do we have any view on  nuahs88's ubiquitous "Very nice:)" comments. Posting it on every, single, image, without fail, dilutes it's meaningfulness.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 08:10:03 am by IPAndrews »