Author Topic: keyboard issue  (Read 966 times)

Hi everyone,
following issue is not a very important one but for comfort if it could be resolved, it would be more comfortable :

I'm not using a qwerty keyboard and when i want launch fs2 it automaticly switch on qwerty mode, in single player this is not a problem at all but in multiplayer it's getting quite a pain to chat with the other player...
Isn't it possible to avoid fs2 to force the qwerty keyboard mode?
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Not at present, no. FreeSpace2 talks to the keyboard pretty much on hardware level, interpreting the signals from the keyboard based on a US 104-keys layout locations if I recall correctly. As a rule of thumb, if you press Q on any keyboard it sends the same signal to the computer, how the computer reads it depends on the keyboard layout.

Currently the keyboard layout is hard-coded and can't be changed by localizations like system level layouts; changing this will hopefully be possible when new pilot code arrives (it will address other input issues as well if I have understood it correctly) but as for now, try to endure... or aquire a QWERTY keyboard to play FS2 with.

...actually there might be something you can do under Linux, based on this, but I don't know if that would be possible at all under Windows... :nervous:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Ok thank you for the reply anyway that's just a question of comfort, i can play with that however :)
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination