Author Topic: NuY-Wing  (Read 61187 times)

Frankly, the Clone Wars bends canon so much anyway, and then there's almost no canon information given about the Y-wings in that episode.
Yeah, I agree. LFL has some major explaining to do. *sigh*
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers

I was just taking a second close look and noticed something doesn't seem quite right with the R2 unit.  Can't place what it is but it's definitely change from the one in the "starting to get dirty" pic.  Other then the color change that is.  Could just be looking from a different direction.
The antennae is missing? :p I'd prefer it if the R5 unit was restored to red. I just think it looks better. ;)

That's it!!!!!!!!

You just don't really notice that's it's not there with the ship behind it.  With the blank area behind it it makes it look strange. 

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:40:53 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline maje

I wouldn't mind retexturing it if that's what you're asking, it'd give me a nice little side project to work on while I figure out my next big endeavor

Cool.  I'll PM you after I've sent it.  And thanks.  I do appreciate this. :)
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

It looks awesome! However, I suggest showing the finished product with a black background as well to dispel any false visual interpretations anyone might have from the grayish background of your modeling program. Fantastic job on the ship!

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

As requested:

Oh boy! :eek: Oh boy! :eek2: That. Is. SICK!! lol :yes: :yes: I absolutely love it. Fantastic work, Brand. Again. ;)

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
I can't see the R2 unit in that X-Wing - is it hidden behind the canopy or is it missing?  Or am I just blind?

Offline aRaven

the newer xwings dont need no astromech units :P

the engines of the xwing seem a little small.. :p

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Oh yeah, oops, the R2 was hidden when I rendered that.  Oh well, I'm not gonna bother redoing the render, not worth the time.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Oh yeah, oops, the R2 was hidden when I rendered that.  Oh well, I'm not gonna bother redoing the render, not worth the time.

Ah. I though you intentionally left out the R2 unit. lol

...and I really think the R5 unit looks better with the red paint scheme. *nudge wink* lol Is it possible to add the antennae?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 08:52:15 pm by Vector Leader »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
He didn't want me to notice he left the antenna out on that one too.   :P
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
impressive

most impressive
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Uh oh Brand, next to the Y-Wing, the X is looking a little shabby.
Better redo it.

That was a joke.

Offline aRaven

no it wasn't. have the courage to speak the truth :P

That is fantastic work, you have amazing talent.
I cant wait to fly around in those beauties.
For some reason the Y-wings have always been appealing to me, now we'll get to fly in new shiny ones.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
i can harldy wait to see the Nuuglies!

That is fantastic work, you have amazing talent.
I cant wait to fly around in those beauties.
For some reason the Y-wings have always been appealing to me, now we'll get to fly in new shiny ones.

Yeah, same here. ;) Ever since I saw the original Star Wars back in the day, the Y-wing always struck me as super awesome. lol Not that I didn't love the X-wing, but there was something about the Y-wing that really peaked my interest. After that, the more I learned about it, the more I loved it. :p

Offline aRaven

let me guess...you were impressed by the slow speed, its poor maneuverability, and it's warthog like nickname? :P

but the render does look very appealing...makes me want to fly the ywing also ^^

let me guess...you were impressed by the slow speed, its poor maneuverability, and it's warthog like nickname? :P

but the render does look very appealing...makes me want to fly the ywing also ^^
lol Only if you believe the specs from the X-wing & T.I.E. "simulators". :p LFL says otherwise. ;)

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy

lol Only if you believe the specs from the X-wing & T.I.E. "simulators". :p LFL says otherwise. ;)

It's funny, I remember distinctly my impression of the two starfighters from the time in my youth before the first X-Wing game - and I thought the Y-Wing was fast but weak (you never see them take more than a hit before breaking apart) and the X-Wing was slower but sturdier - and from just watching the movies, there's nothing that would imply anything different than that.