Author Topic: Campaign list  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Narwhal

• Campaign List Crusader
Well, after a rather long absence, it's me again.

I'd like your opinion of the current state of the "just better" campaign list I started some time ago. Obviously, since I am an ambitious little man, I'd like this list to replace the others  but there is plenty of flaws possible as of now.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I have to say, I'm a fan of that layout.  Everything's broken down nicely, and the data layout is nice and clear.    Creating separate sub-sections for various user-made continuities was a nice touch.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I am a fan as well.  Looks purty, and has lots of good information.  The lack of alphabetical order-ness (which has now been fixed) was my only problem with it. :)

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
One thing that you might want to give some thought is that if (given all the tables etc.) the actual page size gets too large should that page be broken into several smaller pages.. Though IIRC its just browser related issue and AFAIK even then it affects only when saving the page.

Other than that.. Very nice work :yes:
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Axem

A small complaint about how the description is set up. On a 1024 res screen, they descriptions can take up the whole page. Is there another way to have them formatted?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
One thing that you might want to give some thought is that if (given all the tables etc.) the actual page size gets too large should that page be broken into several smaller pages.
Uh, no.  Splitting a one-subject page up into smaller pages is just annoying, as it requires more clicking.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
One thing that you might want to give some thought is that if (given all the tables etc.) the actual page size gets too large should that page be broken into several smaller pages.
Uh, no.  Splitting a one-subject page up into smaller pages is just annoying, as it requires more clicking.
That may be so... but the problem is that if the page is too long then people with certain browsers will not be able to edit the page.. Or to be more precise, they will be able to edit the page but any and all characters after the limit has been filled will be culled.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Narwhal

• Campaign List Crusader
Thank you for the feedbacks.

I divided the huge "Freespace" part into 2 smaller part (pre Capella / post Capella), so that it is easier to edit. The "post Capella" can't be divided more easily, since there is no way to put more division inside as of now.

As for the problem with the description being too long on a 1024, I used at least 4 different computer, including a very small laptop, to view this page and I never had any problem. Could you send a screenshoot ?

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Great work on the list. :yes:

Just out of curiosity, why are Diaspora and Fate of the Galaxy missing on the other Universes list? :)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Because they haven't been added yet.

Until now.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.