Author Topic: Wing Commander. Need some help  (Read 2505 times)

Wing Commander. Need some help
Hee, im looking for a Wing Commander game, but I just can't remember the game name. All I remember are these things and if you can help me out i'd really appreciate it.

1: If you were by some chance destroyed it would show a scene of your capsule. It would be picked up by either the humans or aliens.

2: your comrades had white helmets that looked like stormtroopers. And when in the cockpit it looked like black and white static.

3: Alien ships had had green diamonds at the end of them.

4: the game had cinematics, but none of them contained actual actors in them.

oh and the aliens look more like insects the kilrathi
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 08:20:59 pm by Cadet6454 »

Offline Recluse

Re: Wing Commander. Need some help
Most likely Wing Commander Prophecy or the Free Special Ops 1  and 2  standalone campaigns that were set in the Prophecy universe. Bad guys were the Nephilim.

Their ships looked kind of like fish, but the aliens were insectoid. Colloquially, the Allied pilots called them 'BUGS'.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Hee, im looking for a Wing Commander game, but I just can't remember the game name. All I remember are these things and if you can help me out i'd really appreciate it.

1: If you were by some chance destroyed it would show a scene of your capsule. It would be picked up by either the humans or aliens.

2: your comrades had white helmets that looked like stormtroopers. And when in the cockpit it looked like black and white static.

You're looking at too many different WC games at the same time.
1: Makes me think of WC2 with the Sabre pick-up scenes.

2: Makes me think of WC3 and WC4.

3: Prophecy and Secret Ops.

4: WC1 and WC2 are the only ones I remember that didn't have actors. (Not to count spinoffs like Privateer.)

thx been trying to find this game. Can it still be bought somewhere? or is it discontinued that i have to find it online?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
It's dead to the point that you have like a 15% chance of getting them to work on a modern OS.

DosBox should help
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
DosBox should help
Didn't help me with anything other than the Kilrathi Saga which works under Windows anyway...
Except for WC3 of course... :doubt:

DosBox should help
Didn't help me with anything other than the Kilrathi Saga which works under Windows anyway...
Except for WC3 of course... :doubt:
WC1 and 2 should work under dosbox. I had wc1 running, although it ended up giving me a bad headache (probably graphics & framerate combo)

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Kilrathi Saga is WC1 to WC3, ported to run under Windows OS.
WC3 refused to work with either DoS or Windows itself.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff

That sounds like Wing Commander: Prophecy. :p

There's also Wing Commander: Secret Ops, which is a free, standalone continuation to WCP.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

That sounds like Wing Commander: Prophecy. :p

There's also Wing Commander: Secret Ops, which is a free, standalone continuation to WCP.

#1 is definetely Prophecy.  Theres an unkillable Mantra thats heading for the pilot.  If you attack it fast enough it jumps out without the pilot.
#2 no clue
#3 again the bugs
#4 that sounds like either wc1 or 2 or one of the side games (armada, privateer 1)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
IT IS PROPHECY SECRET OPS. No discussion.

Best of all, it's available for free and it's legal. Check www.wcnews.com
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.