Author Topic: Ships.tbl, gliding  (Read 2199 times)

What are the variables involved in making the starfuries glide so well as they do?

I've been playing with vanilla FSO, and I want to make a few of those ships glide like you have made the star furies, but, I dunno what I am missing.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
there is a glide toggle. Simple yes or no.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Skullar

speaking of it, the PRESIDENTIAL STARFURIES cannot glide.... That one was missed when they made the tbl....

Makes mission 3 of EACW a little more difficult :)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Couldn't you use the regular one and texture replace it to make it look like a presidential one?
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Skullar

Yes that works for non-player ships. It didn't work for the player himself, but I considered this issue minor. As the helluva pilot I am, I toast those blackomegas anyway... :D

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Texture replacement should work for any ship. Sounds like another game engine bug.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.