Author Topic: Resistance 1 and 2 on PS3 discussion  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Resistance 1 and 2 on PS3 discussion
Who played it? What did you think of it? Who likes or dislikes it for whatever reason?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

Re: Resistance 1 and 2 on PS3 discussion
no one, got it  :(     why? both are good games...

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline darkone

• Space Sims will NEVER DIE
    • Space Sim Central
Played in the R2 beta and liked the game and will pick it up for my PS3 when it's $30. I will probably get Killzone 2 instead because it is a lot better. R1 i liked alot as well.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The PS3 install base is still comparatively small compared to Wii and even to 360 (about 2/3rds of 360 in the US, I believe; maybe a bit less). There just might not be all that many PS3 owners on here.

It's supposed to be a solid game, on par with Halo 3 and COD4.

Offline Vidmaster

well, here in Germany Resistance 2 is already on 35 bucks (at least in one shop in my home town). And Germans like the PS3 a lot more than other nations out there, Japan & Co excluded of course.

And it's a very solid game. Excells the first one in every aspect (but the missing campaign coop). Plays a lot better than killzone but that's just my opinion. In killzone, your character feels like a tank. Gurilla just can't make good controls  :rolleyes: And K2 has no campaign coop too, both games share the same "explanation", it wouldn't work with level streaming  :)

Offline darkone

• Space Sims will NEVER DIE
    • Space Sim Central
Yeah the PS3 is a gaming console but I mainly bought it for the entertainment value of the console. The PS3 is still one of the most highly rated BlueRay players on the market and it is flawless in that aspect and you can media stream to it as well. Yeah it may be out of the reach for some gamers but it is an overall good machine for the money. When the new FF13, FFvs13 and GoW2 comes out that will sell more PS3's.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah the PS3 is a gaming console but I mainly bought it for the entertainment value of the console. The PS3 is still one of the most highly rated BlueRay players on the market and it is flawless in that aspect and you can media stream to it as well. Yeah it may be out of the reach for some gamers but it is an overall good machine for the money. When the new FF13, FFvs13 and GoW2 comes out that will sell more PS3's.

I wonder if Sony will ever forgive Sqenix for moving FF13 to the 360 and PS3.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I played through Resistance 1 when my brother and his PS3 were visiting. The first level was shockingly difficult for me, I think it killed me about seven times. (This is about twice as much as the rest of the game combined, maybe more.) But it wasn't a bad game, and I actually rather enjoyed the story and the way they used the framing devices of the British lieutenant's recounting what was known about your character. They also actually managed to make the reveal of the first Angel a real reveal, somewhat to my surprise. (I was assuming they'd developed atomic weaponry with the talk of trading with the Americans something.) I think the one thing that really annoyed me about the game was the fact that tactical airpower was conspicous by its absence, which is something unfortunately true of almost every game in the style. CoD4 is the only one that ever integrated such things successfully.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

I liked both games. I think I liked the story in R1 a little better because you were just a normal soldier (at least at first), but then in R2 you developed an acute case of Alpha One Syndrome. And the boss battles in R2 are way too easy for the most part.
But the story is still pretty good in both games. I'm looking forward to the third one.
Online is a lot of fun, too.

Offline Vidmaster

The bosses in R2 were too easy, right. But R2 was still more fun, mainly because it got even better the further you played, something rare these days. Even CoD4 failed to do that, the third act was a letdown after those incredible others. Also, they added more checkpoints to R2, the first one was really frustrating in some parts.

The multiplayer...       ...I don't know what black magic they used but the net code is the best I've seen so far.
You can play a 40 Player deathmatch with no lag at all  :eek2:  Even 60 players in the second game.

Darkone, I guess you are talking about GoW3, not 2  ;)