Author Topic: Games that still surprise  (Read 8587 times)

Re: Games that still surprise
Oh no :sigh: Now I need to find out what happens when I don't save Jock.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
you can just talk to him, then talk to Everett and then kick his butt whatever way you please. No need for knock-out. Not saving Jock doesn't change anything dramatically. It just makes boom on the last level.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Total Anhillation. Because it runs on Vista without fuss, but kicks up a major fuss on my old XP. :p

No, seriously, I found a big bunch of mods for it. Not to mention new units.

Are you refering to the whole TA series? I'm a die hard fan of Total Annihilation: Kingdoms and I'm desperately looking for mods. I had so many of them but the fact that all of the three computers I've been playing TA:K died more than once in the past 5-6 years removed all mods.

The last time I looked for mods, a few months ago, I couldn't find any of them. Can you point me out to a good site?

Sorry mate, only got TA. The major TA site is falling into disrepair, and their Kingdoms' section got suspended. But for regular TA stuff, Unit Universe works fine.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

On a little freeware shoot 'em up game called Eden's Edge, I recently discovered, after 1CCing the highest difficulty, that there is a hidden, even higher level of difficulty beyond that! And that mode has an extra final boss after the original that completely outclasses anything else in the game.

Time for more practicing, I guess. :D

That's the great thing about shmups: just when you manage to do the impossible, they throw an even harder challenge at you, forcing you beyond your limits yet again. Beating these games gives you a real sense of accomplishment: because they took that much time and were just that ****ed hard! :cool:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I passed the game 14 times.

my God (which is the FSM of course), who old are you know? 128?

Not quite, but enough.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Sorry mate, only got TA. The major TA site is falling into disrepair, and their Kingdoms' section got suspended. But for regular TA stuff, Unit Universe works fine.

Is it possible to DL TA from there?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]