Author Topic: 3.6.9 JOYSTICK RECOMMEDATIONS  (Read 2812 times)

3.6.9 JOYSTICK RECOMMEDATIONS
Hya guys,
finnaly got some free time and tring all campaigns on 3.6.9.  First I have to say how impressive it is and what a full experiance it is now comapiered to the very earily betas and mis matched verisons.  I am having a ship contreol issue, basicly what joystick would work controling up, down , left, right, thrust while keeping the very important looking up, down, left and right.   I have a 3d ectreme with 11 programminable buttonss but it appears I am going to need some sort of joystick with 2 hats and an easy glide control button, throttle etc etc.   What joystick has enough control buttons and hats to take full advantage of all movement possabilites in TBP?  I am using Vista 64.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: 3.6.9 JOYSTICK RECOMMEDATIONS
Have you tried using shift-hat for thrust?  Glide is a toggle so I just bound it to button 4 as I use the keyboard for afterburner. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Dang, shift-hat, I'll have to try that one out.  Never thought of combining a modifier with the hat switch.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

I can see it working but what if I want too look right and left thruster at same time?

This looks like it might work, expensve though, any cheaper suggestions?

http://www.chproducts.com/retail/j_fighter_usb.html

4 HATS!!! ,  B5 ships really need 6 axis , but no one makes them it seems. I actually found an article mentionening the Babylon project when gooogling starfury joystick.

http://www.burningart.com/meico/ubergame/articles/mespinoza_02.html
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 10:50:19 am by PSI-KILLER »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
As far as I can tell the article is just talking about the ship from the show not TBP. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

I say,  you are right!