Author Topic: Ep. 418 "Deadlocked" Discussion (SPOILERS)  (Read 5658 times)

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
Ep. 418 "Deadlocked" Discussion (SPOILERS)
Heh.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline Meleardil

• Meleardil Eressea Iluvadan
Re: Ep. 418 "Deadlocked" Discussion (SPOILERS)
Thats the most revealing spoiler I have ever read!
"I think it is impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."
Speaker for the Dead

Offline wiley

Best Line: Adama "I'm going to the head, a little project I'm working on"

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Uh, no.
Best line: Strength comes from within... And GUNS!  :) AND MORE GUNS!  :nod: AND BIGGER GUNS!  :D
I never thought I'd hear Baltar say anything quite like that before.

The babies death was a real shocker. I kept thinking they were going to kill off Caprica but have the baby live.

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
I got a good chuckle from both of those lines. Top stuff to jane espensen, though not a real lot actually happened this ep.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline Anf23

• Proud to be a knuckle dragger
Bit of a slow one this, did anyone notice the Old Cylon raider still hanging up in the museum along with an old basestar when Galactica did her fly by, sure i saw a Land Ram too, i thought the museum got totally fracked when the heavy raider crashed through it a  couple of seasons back.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 08:38:20 am by Anf23 »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Didn't that Heavy Raider crash into the aft section of the Museum?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I also thought they just cleared out the museum after the heavy raider belly flopped into the pod...will have to go back and see. Anyways, being the fan boy I am, I enjoyed the episode. I like that once she was thrust back into the fleet, Ellen went right back to her old personality...you know, being a scheming, manipulative, and jealous bit..er...female dog. I'm not sure what to make of the death of Caprica's baby, but for now I'm interpreting that as a reinforcement of the theme that Cylon + Cylon society doesn't work, and Human + Human society doesn't work, that you need both together to succeed. Also, seems that Anders is gonna wake up...or perhaps that brain activity and rapid eye movement was him dreaming? In any event, I'm predicting he's gonna have something monumental to say when ever he does wake up.

Oh, and my favorite line is Hotdog when Ellen walks off the raptor: "How many dead chicks are out there??"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Slow episode, dull episode, poorly written episode.

Although it's a disappointment, this series has had a few slow ones before, so let's just move on to next week without too much hand-wringing. Hopefully it's all setup.

Best scene was Tigh's breakdown with Adama and the man-hug.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com

That flight pod was turned into dogsville, IIRC. I'm a little surprised though that the flightdeck hasn't also been used to house civilians, safety hazards probably.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

That flight pod was turned into dogsville, IIRC. I'm a little surprised though that the flightdeck hasn't also been used to house civilians, safety hazards probably.

Yeah, somebody might drop another million-cubit drone.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Best Line: Adama "I'm going to the head, a little project I'm working on"

I preferred Tigh's about his great grandather being a power sander. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Meleardil

• Meleardil Eressea Iluvadan
Best line: Strength comes from within... And GUNS!  :) AND MORE GUNS!  :nod: AND BIGGER GUNS!

Matrix... Operator asks: "...what do you need, beside luck?"
Neo: "Guns! Lotsof guns!"

That popped into my ming when I heard Baltar say it, and I grinned.
"I think it is impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."
Speaker for the Dead

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
After seeing the last couple of eps and knowing how much RDM loved the Sopranos finale, I am wondering how the end will go about balancing:

1) His need to make an artistic statement that both one-ups the season-break twists and makes the series' "point" clear

AND

2) Real meaty narrative resolution for the various threads and characters (Starbuck can't just nonchalantly shoot them all, however cool that may be)

While still managing to appease Sci-Fi dorks without resorting to some polarized neutrino emitter e-band fractal algorithm crap.

My guess: it was all a dream!

After seeing the last couple of eps and knowing how much RDM loved the Sopranos finale, I am wondering how the end will go about balancing:

1) His need to make an artistic statement that both one-ups the season-break twists and makes the series' "point" clear

AND

2) Real meaty narrative resolution for the various threads and characters (Starbuck can't just nonchalantly shoot them all, however cool that may be)

While still managing to appease Sci-Fi dorks without resorting to some polarized neutrino emitter e-band fractal algorithm crap.

That is what I'm thinking.  I have another assumption.
My assumption is, one of the main characters is writing an interesting sci-fi novel and probably got rejected by the Colonial publishing inc.
Phasers?!?!?  We don't need no frakking phasers!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I very much doubt it'll be a dream or a novel or anything, but I think I'd be... not unsurprised if a lot of people died in the final episode. Say, Galactica, the basestar and a solid chunk of the RTF. End shot maybe half a dozen ships, 10000 odd people landing on a planet somewhere. The final five will all be dead, and .Cavill will be somehow dealt with (perhaps another armistice?) Baltar will be in charge of a monotheistic colony but he'll return to his roots and suggest to everyone that if they want to survive, they're going to need cheap labour to tame their new world. Cue another generation of centurions.

This has all happened before and will happen again?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'm still moderately of the opinion that the last you'll see of Galactica is her flying straight up Cavill's nose, possibly with Adama and Roslyn on board (since she isn't supposed to survive to see the 'promised land').

I seem to recall that a doctor stated earlier on in the series that there weren't enough humans left for the race to survive, so there's some weight to what BlackWolf said as well.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm still moderately of the opinion that the last you'll see of Galactica is her flying straight up Cavill's nose, possibly with Adama and Roslyn on board (since she isn't supposed to survive to see the 'promised land').

I seem to recall that a doctor stated earlier on in the series that there weren't enough humans left for the race to survive, so there's some weight to what BlackWolf said as well.

No, it was just Baltar saying that if they kept dying at the current rate, they'd go extinct in so-and-so many years.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

I very much doubt it'll be a dream or a novel or anything

It's a TV show. A TV show of a TV show, I mean. On the last episode, everything will go up to the most tense moments, and then the guy watching BSG on the TV will get bored, turn the TV off, and go to work on his taxes, which is how the series will end.