Author Topic: Soc/gti  (Read 3508 times)

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
I was wondering: does SOC fall under Galactic Terran Intel or GTVA Fleet Command?

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
GTVA Fleet Command

It's the strike portion of GTV I.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
well does it belong to GTVA Fleet Command then?  (sorry, not too sure from your post)  because i was under the impression that the GTI was a separate division.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
The GTI no longer exists.  Aside from a good chunk of it being excised after the Hades Insident, the remaining parts were merged with Vasudan Intellegence and became the GTVI.  Special Operations Command (SOC) is simply the "go between" agency between the GTVA miltary proper and the GTVI.  Thus the reason why ace pilots (Alpha One) are brought in on such missions, while normal intellegence operations have their own pilots (Snipes).

Well, that's how I interperated it.  In truth, there is no known connection between the GTI and SOC, and the GTVI may not even exist!
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The GTVI is in all probability a subsidiary of the GTVA Security Council, and I think the SOC is a part of the GTVI that deals with military espionage work.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Check the Tech Room animation on the GTVA. It gives you the whole organization of the Alliance.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Check the Tech Room animation on the GTVA. It gives you the whole organization of the Alliance.

I tried that but I cant read letters that small. ;)
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Most likely those letters are curse words or something.  Just like  boxes of info in teh Colossus video, all kinds of duragetory things in there.  Guess they figured no one would be curious enough to blow up the picture and take a look :D

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Didn't expect us to be so um.....obsessed? ;)

I wouldnt know, I saw it on another forum hehe  :)

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Originally posted by Eishtmo
In truth, there is no known connection between the GTI and SOC, and the GTVI may not even exist!

It doesn't, silly! :rolleyes:
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The GTVI does exist; they mention it in a command briefing and even show its logo. :p

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
No, I mean...Oh, forget it! You guys wouldn't understand. ;)
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by The Starfox
Most likely those letters are curse words or something.  Just like  boxes of info in teh Colossus video, all kinds of duragetory things in there.  Guess they figured no one would be curious enough to blow up the picture and take a look :D

I've read out stuff like "I like math" from the Colossus video.
Curse words?
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I`m guessing that the SOC is similar to the british SAS. An elite unit under the control of the armed forces. They would get increased amounts of information from GTVI but aren`t under their control.

GTVI probably has it's own units but following the hades rebellion they are probably limited to a destroyer or two. I also suspect that SOC is under military control for the same reason.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Originally posted by Stunaep

I've read out stuff like "I like math" from the Colossus video.
Curse words?

Thats only the first thing it says, if you blow it up and can make out the middle parts of the boxes, its much worse than math is cool.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Copied from a post I made on the VBB: :D

Math is cool. I'm pretty [beamed?] that's how I f***ing figured out how funny [something] how many I though [something] god it's H - I thought a ships are on the [docks?] If math is cool I am beamed I got to nothing left [something] blood. That's how I f***ing wouldn't [either suck or f***] you hot if I b**** first figured out [something] board [something] stop [5 somethings] the walls.

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Damn! I never noticed that! :D
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
I think the people at [V] have a really weird understanding of the concept called 'humor'
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Well, if you had to write two pages of text that was just going to be resized to 4-point and be seen for three seconds, what would you put in there?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...