Author Topic: I've got a job, now I need some help.  (Read 2193 times)

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
I've got a job, now I need some help.
I've got a job, where I create applications in C++ and then sell them to the Credit Union nearby. But I need some help coming up with an idea in the first place. I was thinking of some of these:

An application that pulls up and displays all of your accounts and their balances, as well as allowing you to quickly transfer funds between them.

OR

An app that will let you deposit/transfer/withdraw money, and then instantly access another account, and deposit/transfer/withdraw from that.

But I'm still drawing up blanks..
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline Topgun

Re: I've got a job, now I need some help.
may I ask how you got this kind of awesome, freelance job?

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
My dad works at Fiserv. Fiserv programs bank and credit union systems. I gave him the idea, and when he asked somebody in OSU Federal, they said that if the program was useful, they'd buy it.

So can anybody help me think of useful functions that a bank/credit union would want??
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 10:38:23 pm by azile0 »

. <--- There it is.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
impliment:
- regular transfer functions (like intervalls, every month blabla)
- profiles of your partners, like the programm creates a profile for everybody you ever send money too, which you than can pull up instantly and auto-fills in all necessary information.
- useful calculating functions that draw graphics and create a table based on accounts and time and so on
- a complex function that calculates how to set up your funds in the firstplace to minimize your loss by charges and have the max possible win by your interests at the same time  :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Thanks, Vidmaster! I'm writing all of those down. They sound like useful programs.

. <--- There it is.

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Auto electronic bill pay based on entered information.

1 to 3 month, and 6 month calendar based listing of upcoming bills based on data entered - also can be set to auto pay.

Account naming, ie "John's Personal" "Paypal Acct" etc.

Set it up graphically, so it could be read or interfaced with by mobile devices such as blackberry, iphone, or other via the bank's webiste.

Download account data to a generated excel spreadsheet file ("backup" whatever).

Set it up so you either beat the tar out of this program with a security stick first, or account for the fact you may want higher
or lower levels of security later / per client. Scalability in a word.

Also law of software development... get them to buy the really neat and useful core version... then get more out of them
by module upgrades which add some of these features.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod