Author Topic: Nebula Lightning slowdown  (Read 1182 times)

Nebula Lightning slowdown
Lo peeps

Wondering if anyone can help- im getting good (25-40 fps avg) in fs2open with full settings in opengl, but whenever  theres a nebula mission with lightning the whole thing goes to a jerky crawl. Normal nebula missions seem fine, definately an fps hit but nothing like the lightning ones.

Im not desperate for a fix other than just a way to disable the lightning effect without taking out another bunch of features? I assume this problem is not down to one of brute comp strength as the game runs pretty smoothly the rest of the time- so please no 'upgrade your computer' posts, thanks :)

Latest fs2open everything; (installed one week ago with auto installer)
Vista 64bit,
2.4 intel t9300 dual core
8600gs nvidia
4gb ram

Thanks much in advance.

Toby

note: problem persists with all posh graphical options in the 'features' tab of the launcher disabled.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:52:42 pm by asmallhorse »

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: Nebula Lightning slowdown
Are you referring to the mission 'As Lightning Fall' ? I thought I remembered most nebula missions had some lightning in them, the difference being that this particular mission had a special added EMP effect...

If not, then what mission(s) are you referring to when you say "the lightning ones" ?

Also, you may want to post your command line arguments (the launcher displays these in a gray box in the features tab). There are some log files that may be useful, but since I can't remember which ones are which right off the bat, I figure someone else can help you if you still need help by then.