Author Topic: What is done and what left to do  (Read 8795 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
What is done and what left to do
I have waited for release for a long time and i want to know what really left to be done ,because I made a half completed TC mod (my own SW based story and universe) ,five shippacks that need only a bit of work and a lot of extensions and corrections for existing mods in about a year ,alone on windows Millennium.
I have taken textures and models form other mods ,but i have seen many WIP threads with models that were about to be completed.
I think somebody said a demo should be released in "early 2009" we have early 2009 so i was thinking the demo should be out soon.
Can somebody tell me what is the status of FOTG?
In my mod i use IA stuff witch is looking like made for retail (though blasters look just like from the original trylogy).

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Re: What is done and what left to do
I think brand's hardware crash may have setback things...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
A good rule with total conversion mods is to assume they won't be out for a couple years. These things require a ton of effort.

Patience!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
OK but i only asked for a status report (look at mv assets status thread in freespace upgrade project board) not a release date (though somebody already said "early 2009").

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
That was probably before the hardware crash that cost us quite a bit of the content we had hoped for said demo.  Still, development is moving in ways it was previously unable to at the moment.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
So hardware malfunction?
OK no problem ,i just changed my computer ant it took a week to get everything working ,so i can imagine how long it must take to recover from bigger malfunction (my new computer was prepared for change so only thing i needed to do was installing some programs and copying old data).

So i hope you will quickly recover or remake your data and may the force be with you.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Nice one. :yes:

The team is making back-ups, so I guess anymore hardware failures (force forbid them) won't be so devastating.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Shouldn't be anything like this one again.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Archaic

sort of a blessing in disguise though, the current models look better than pro grade (i mean, have you seen some of those slopy fighters?)

and, in comparison, the previous models looked really moddy.

i want to hold the y-wing in my hands...

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
sort of a blessing in disguise though, the current models look better than pro grade (i mean, have you seen some of those slopy fighters?)

and, in comparison, the previous models looked really moddy.

i want to hold the y-wing in my hands...

I used to be impressed with the models done by the XWA  Upgrade team.  I went back and looked at those recently and had only one reaction:  bleah!

You guys are spoiling me.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
We try.  =P

Seriously though, thank you.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
We try.  =P

Seriously though, thank you.

Their Y-Wing needs some love.  Compare:

with

'nuff said.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Or the new one:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, our model isn't in game. :(

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Or the new one:

Oh...oops, that's the one I meant to grab...I must've went to the wrong thread or something.  Oh well, you posted it for me anyways.

I used to be impressed with the models done by the XWA  Upgrade team.  I went back and looked at those recently and had only one reaction:  bleah!

You guys are spoiling me.

Their Y-Wing needs some love.  Compare:

with

'nuff said.
That's comparing apples to oranges. The XWA Upgrade models are limited by a seriously outdated game, which the source code hasn't been released for, so therefore, they can't update the game like the FS2 community can, and no one is ballsy enough to attempt to reverse engineer it for fear of the repercussions of Lucas's Empire. It's a serious limitation, but you work with what you got. And in that aspect, they're amazing. Also, the Y-wing hasn't been updated in a long time. I suggest posting your comments on their board and see how they react.

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
That's comparing apples to oranges. The XWA Upgrade models are limited by a seriously outdated game, which the source code hasn't been released for, so therefore, they can't update the game like the FS2 community can, and no one is ballsy enough to attempt to reverse engineer it for fear of the repercussions of Lucas's Empire. It's a serious limitation, but you work with what you got. And in that aspect, they're amazing. Also, the Y-wing hasn't been updated in a long time. I suggest posting your comments on their board and see how they react.

No offense was intended to the XWA Upgrade team - they still do wonders with what they have to work with.  It's also true that most of their models aren't nearly as bad as the Y-Wing.  All I was trying to do was show just how much better of graphics we're going to be getting out of this than we could in XWA, and how excited I am that some new life is being breathed into the Star Wars starfighter simulator genre.

Offline spas12

Or the new one:

Is that seriously the Y-Wing model? Or are you joking us with that beautiful picture?
Timin it by the seconds.

real
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Though it's a render, not in-game.