Author Topic: Nebulae missions freeze upon startup.  (Read 1664 times)

Offline matt2k9

Nebulae missions freeze upon startup.
Ok so everything was going find with this game I hadnt played it in about a month but no big deal...

I installed some other programs in the meantime but I dont see why it would affect it....

But the mission I am on, it loads everything fine until you are actually playing and then like less than 1 second into the mission the game freezes. A few frantic mouse clicks and it takes me back to windows where the error mesage says "freespace has stopped working". So I went to the tech room and booted up some other missions. Nebula missions dont play, regular missions play fine.

What is causing this? Something with the graphics card or display settings? I set the card and display settings all to factory defauls and hte problem still occured.

I am running Windows Vista with an I7 and a GT4850. Had no problems before.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Re: Nebulae missions freeze upon startup.
odd indeed... what build are you using? have you tried a 3.6.10 build from the knightly updates?

also try running a debug build (it's the one with a d on it), get into the mission with the nebula and let it crash, then in your data directory will be a fs2_open.log file, post the contents here inside a code tag [c o d e][ /code](without the spaces) and we'll have a look at it ;)
Signed, me