Author Topic: FreeSpace Wiki Project: Inferno  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
FreeSpace Wiki Project: Inferno
I thought it was better to handle this in a single thread. Ok, the first thing I want to know is why there's no "Inferno" cathegory but rather an "Inferno Ships" cathegory for all purposes. Can this be changed? Is it possible to set "Inferno Ships" as a subcategory of "Inferno", or better, to have a single category to cover everything about INF?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Re: FreeSpace Wiki Project: Inferno
Quite possible.

Do the following:

Find an article that you want to belong to the new "Inferno" category, click edit, and add the following line:

[[Category:Inferno]]

Then click on the category, and add a line to it that says something like this: "This category is for Inferno-related articles." Adding any line will actually create the category. If you don't do that, the category will be colored red even if there were dozens of articles put into it.

Now, add all the relevant articles into this new category.

To make Inferno Ships a subcategory of Inferno, go to the article Category:Inferno Ships, and add the Inferno category to it as if it were a normal article.

I suggest you make the Inferno category a subcategory of some other category, such as Category:User-made Campaigns. It will make the main Inferno category easier to find.

Also note that there is no h in category.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: FreeSpace Wiki Project: Inferno
I think I did it... :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]