Author Topic: Check this out :D  (Read 9251 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: Re: Sulu - "My God! Shields!!!
Originally posted by Razor

OK if you have a good idea, tell me how to make a tractor beam.

Just a thought- make a tagging beam? Then use the is-tagged-delay to destroy the engine subsystem.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Razor

Re: Re: Re: Sulu - "My God! Shields!!!
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor

Just a thought- make a tagging beam? Then use the is-tagged-delay to destroy the engine subsystem.

Good Idea! :nod:

But how doI make the tagged ship go to the Excelsior after it is, ahem.. taged?

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Wow thas a tiight model, but  a few reminders, just because im a star wars freak (please don't flame me too much)

The Executor Class SSDs in Star Wars were 8 KM long

And um, as of ROTJ, im pretty sure there were only 4 SSDs (Executor, Lusankya, Terror, Iron Fist)

and, imho, Galactic Terran Devastator just doesn't sound as good as Galactic Terran Super Destroyer

Of course though if any of my info is wrong, let me know
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Anaz

Re: Re: Sulu - "My God! Shields!!!

OK if you have a good idea, tell me how to make a tractor beam.

take beam and give it negative mass

hehehe...phear me and my knowledge...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Razor

Actuall it is 12800 meters long.

You can find specs for the Executor here
:)

Offline Razor

By the way,

:bump:

Offline Redfang

Nice model. :nod::yes: But I guess it will not fit FS campaign.

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Redfang
Nice model. :nod::yes: But I guess it will not fit FS campaign.

And just why not? :rolleyes:

It has a good shape, it has a better design than any other ship, it will have kick ass weaponry (made by me ;7 ) So I don't see the problem fitting it into the campaign.

Give 20 good reasons not to put it in the campaign.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Some SSD names found in various starwars books...

Iron Fist
Rasors Kiss
Lusankaya
and then the eclipse class, twice as long as the SSD. Then there were the 25000 + ISDs, then there were Victory SS, then ISD Mach 2...

The Executor colided with the deathstar, but why didn't the auxilary bridge stop the plumit? And if they couldn't stop it, it would look cool if when Wedge and Lando are detonating the core of the DS, if it would plumit in and colide with the core thingy...;7
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Razor

Oups almost forgot the good  ol
:D :bump: :D

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Originally posted by Hippo
Some SSD names found in various starwars books...

Iron Fist
Rasors Kiss
Lusankaya
and then the eclipse class, twice as long as the SSD. Then there were the 25000 + ISDs, then there were Victory SS, then ISD Mach 2...

The Executor colided with the deathstar, but why didn't the auxilary bridge stop the plumit? And if they couldn't stop it, it would look cool if when Wedge and Lando are detonating the core of the DS, if it would plumit in and colide with the core thingy...;7

Iron Fist = Grand Admiral Thrawn's flagship
Lusankaya = Ysanne Isard's command ship in #4 of the Rogue Squadron series (later mostly destroyed but repaired by the New Republic)
Razor's Kiss I've heard of somewhere but I forget where...

Anyway, the Executor was pulled down by the DS's gravity and its engines could not reverse the dive, even from the auxiliary bridge. (I think) Otherwise, it's just that events happened too quickly and it couldn't pull out of the dive in time once the backup bridge was activated.
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Razor

Well actually, the Executor dived for about 10 seconds untill it colided with the DS.

Hm that happened too fast didn't it? I bet someone told them: Dive dive dive hit your burners.. eeh who was in charge for navigation on the Executor?

Offline Redfang

And just why not? :rolleyes:

Because it's a Star Wars ship, not a FS ship. But do what you want.
It has a good shape

:nod:
it has a better design than any other ship

I guess it might be because it's made by you. :rolleyes:
it will have kick ass weaponry (made by me ;7 )

So? Does that make it to fit better?
So I don't see the problem fitting it into the campaign.

Yeah, it will be possible, but... well, we'll see. ;)
Give 20 good reasons not to put it in the campaign.

Um, why that many? Also, don't say that you can't tell 20 good reasons because you don't know so many. :sigh: I know, I don't know so many.

But good luck! :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2002, 11:53:21 am by 665 »

Offline Razor

It is a Star Wars ship. So what? :p

It still looks cool and I like it and my staff and I have agreed to put it in the campaign. When I first posted something on VBB, it was about this ship. I suggested that someone should make the Executor and since no-one did it, we decided to take that matter into our own hands and we made this ship and now you guys tell me ( for who knows what reason ) that '' it won't fit '' because it is a Star Wars ship.

And one more thing. When KillMeNow posted pics of his first Star Destroyers and the DS, nobody said that the ship wouldn't fit into Freespace and noone threw in the cruded :rolleyes:

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Actuall it is 12800 meters long.

Well i know ive heard it 12800, 8000 and 11 miles (you do the conversions) I've even heard it longer than the eclipse, which imho, is jus dumb. I say 8000 because that is the one i hear the most frequenlty. My star wars encyclopedia and the essential guide to ships, along with STWCCG :) give 8000 meters. This might be true for X Wing Alliance, but i can't remember
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Razor

I saw on the official web-site that the Executor was 12800 meters long but we plan to make it perhaps about 15 km long.

....Do you think that this ship will fit well into the Freespace universe?

And then later...

....That's your opinion but I believe it will fit well.

Okay, Razor - why did you bother asking our opinions, and then reminding us that they're our opinions, and then completely discounting them when they disagree with yours?

For what it's worth, I agree that the SSD (and an SSD by any other name is still a huge triangle in space) will not fit in the FS universe.  Why?  Well, what would we think about going to see Star Trek: Nemisis and finding a replica of the GTVA Colossus in there?  Or if we saw the Wing Commander movie and the Enterprise-D flew by outside (even if nobody liked the movie)?  The universes just aren't interchangable.  Sure, you can do it - but just because something can be done, does that mean it should (or that it'll be cool)?

If you want to make a complete SW mod for FS, fine - go for it, I'm all for it, and will download it when it's done.  But putting a SW ship into the FS universe is just lame.  Of course, before you remind me, I'd like to point out that all this is, of course, my opinion.  Please don't take this as a flame...I'm just trying to voice my opinion as a Sci-Fi fan in general (and a SW, FS, and ST fan in particular) that what you have here seems kinda lame.  SW was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (or as I prefer to think of it: a galaxy a shadow's width awway), and their technology won't suddenly appear in "our" universe (since, after all, FS is supposed to be this universe, this galaxy, a few centuries in the future)

--TurboNed
"It is the year 2000, but where are the flying cars? I was promised flying cars! I don't see any flying cars. Why? Why? Why?" - [size=-2]Avery Brooks from an IBM commercial[/size]

Originally posted by TurboNed
For what it's worth, I agree that the SSD (and an SSD by any other name is still a huge triangle in space) will not fit in the FS universe.

I feel exactly the same way.  It just does not fit in with the current FS ship architecture.  Nothing that the Terrans, Vasudans or Shivans have looks anything like it.  You could try creating a new race which was made up completely of Star Wars ships, but that would still seem odd because we know where the Star Wars ships originally came from (well, that and the SW ships do not have quite the dark atmosphere that Freespace has; SW ships tend to be brighter, IMO).

That said, it's a great looking model.:)
"Vasudans and Shivans don't wear clothes coz they told the serpant to go expletive himself. :D" - an0n

:(:(:(

NotDefault

Originally posted by NotDefault

That said, it's a great looking model.:)

Heartily agreed.

--TurboNed
"It is the year 2000, but where are the flying cars? I was promised flying cars! I don't see any flying cars. Why? Why? Why?" - [size=-2]Avery Brooks from an IBM commercial[/size]