Author Topic: Check this out :D  (Read 9248 times)

Offline Razor

Dark Empire team proudly presents the GTDv Excelsior ™

Only the name is ™

Enjoy :D

EDIT: Sorry about the size of the picture but the crappy link to a bigger one doesn't work :(
« Last Edit: March 21, 2002, 11:29:26 am by 581 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
First off: GTDv? What?

Second: Excelsior? Don't you mean Executor?

Third: SW33T MODEL!!!!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
um....:wtf:

Offline Razor

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
First off: GTDv? What?

Second: Excelsior? Don't you mean Executor?

Third: SW33T MODEL!!!!

Ok Now i will explain.

GTDv means Galactic Terran Devastator

Second: Yes it is the model of the Executor but we thought that it would be much better to give it another name. So I thought that Excelsior would be better. I am aware that it is the model of the Executor. I watched the episode 5 and 6 at least 20 times by now.

Third: Thanks :) and by the way, don't substitute letters and words with numbers or letters. It is not nice and it is not very cool anymore. This is a respected forum.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2002, 02:56:25 pm by 581 »

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
its just l337 sp34k, dont worry about it

But nice model... I still think it should be called the SSD Executor, considering that design is already taken by lucasfilms and they called it the Executor...
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
...want...need...where...get ship.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Liberator
...want...need...where...get ship.

Well we have just finished the model but we still need to make it work in Freespace 2. I need to add the turrets and some other stuff to it. Then I have to convert and edit in POF so it will take time but it will sure come to the episode 2.

Yes it is Lucasfilm's model but I thought that SSD doesn't fit in Freespace 2 universe so I thought of a much better name for it. I also made it's new beam cannons, if you guys want, I will post them on the bord. And the name Excelsior sounds much more powerfull to me than the Executor.

However, we may give out a model of a ISD before we present this one since KillMeNow seems not interested in giving people his MODs.

Well anyway, glad you like it. :D

Offline Razor

It seems that there aren't any Star Wars fans here or you guys don't want to post anything. :doubt:

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by Razor
It seems that there aren't any Star Wars fans here or you guys don't want to post anything. :doubt:

I like star wars but this model just don't fit in FS. :doh:

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
I am a Star Wars Fan(natic). Everything that I model is inspirered from Star Wars (to an extent). My insperation is drawn from Star Wars! It was the FIRST Science Fiction I ever read or heard about (pretty sure). I remember the first time I heard about it, it was a prom that my Aunt was decorating for and I came along 'cuz I was 5 so my aunt was babysitting me. Anyway I saw these space ships drawn on the wall and I WAS HOOKED!

BTW W:jaw:W! GREAT SHIP!
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Ten of Twelve

I like star wars but this model just don't fit in FS. :doh:

Silly boy! :D

Of course it fits! Just wait untill I finish the model and turret it..... ;)

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
If I'm thinking on the number of turrets, this baby has...

Ohhh yeah... Ohhh yeahh... oh yeahhh...
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
ok i may be wrong about this,but im feel sure that the Empire had more than one SSD the only reason u saw the Executor was that it was the fleet flag ship. (prob worng but hey what do i care)
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by Stunaep
If I'm thinking on the number of turrets, this baby has...

Ohhh yeah... Ohhh yeahh... oh yeahhh...

Control yourself peanut!

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
FS2 has a limit of..81 turrets on one ship, I think.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Well, you can make... two ships and have them docked and then make one of them stealth.

That way you can have 162 turrets. :D
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
There were five SSDs in the original trilogy, IIRC. You only saw the Executor.

Is that thing going to have shields? ;7
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
There were five SSDs in the original trilogy, IIRC. You only saw the Executor.

My God i got something right :D
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Razor

Is that thing going to have shields? ;7

No, I think that it won't have shields. Ok I am not following the original Star Wars story but it would be impossible for the GTVA to shield a ship of that magnitude. let's be realistic. I plan to make it about 17 kms long so it will be a bit ''shorter'' than the Gigas,but it will kick it's b***. (sorry Woomeister) don't blow your top ok?

Well it can challange the Garghant but perhaps it can defeat it.

Thie ship will most probably have at least 12000000 hitpoints, that is 12 times stronger than the GTVA Colossus but I was thinking of writing 15000000 hitpoints. That way, it won't need shields. :D

Plus it's 6 or 8 main beams will do at least 60000 dammage, so it can pulvirize the entire fleet within minutes. I didn't plan to put it up for episode 1 of DE campaign because we allready have som goods for it. :D With a little help from you guys, we can speed this thing up. ( I am talking about the campaign)

In the moment I thought that this thread is dead.

I have a holiday now, so I will try to get it turreted. I almost have all the beams so weapons won't be a problem.

Well I gotta go work on this thing now. :D

Bye guys.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Okay, is this going to be a Super Star Destroyer or just a GTVA supercap that looks suspiciously like one? :doubt: