Author Topic: The Great Scourge: Encrypted Message  (Read 12178 times)

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
Re: The Great Scourge: Encrypted Message
PURPLE BEAMZ!!! Coooool ;7
Alcibades' Gamble - We Love Our Ice Cream

Everything you need to know, and more can be found at The Freespace Wiki

Offline Snail

• SC 5
oooo

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Steam
soo... you are doing the campaign all by yourself??

quite a meritorius thing to do, looking forward to get this one!
el hombre vicio...

The force is strong in this one......................

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 11:22:04 am by Aurora Paradox »

Offline Darius

Ah..this is the one i saw on your Xfire. Looking forward to this one.  :yes:

small problem, instead of using the pronoun 'he' for ships, use 'they' for capships, and 'it' for fighters or capships.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
small problem, instead of using the pronoun 'he' for ships, use 'they' for capships, and 'it' for fighters or capships.

In general, "wet" navies (contemporary) use the pronoun "her" for off-hand referral to ships.  "They" isn't grammatically correct unless used as a group designation, and "it" is too impersonal to know what you are talking about in off-hand conversation.  No idea why they don't use "He," but it's all "She" and "Her."

Offline Krelus

That line was referring to the Admiral in particular. In context it makes more sense.

I will be doing the FREDding myself mostly because I tend to be a pain in the ass to work with and am a total control freak. I will at some point outsource a few 3d model projects and (possibly if I feel like enduring the headaches involved) voiceovers.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
A possible timing error there.
The Gladius isn't quite dead yet.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Krelus

A possible timing error there.
The Gladius isn't quite dead yet.

Yeah, there's still some kinks to work out. I used a self-destruct SEXP and that message was timed for "is-destroyed-delay." I've always hated how self-destruct makes the hull integrity go down like a timer.

Offline Aardwolf

They misspelled Aldebarn.
NO U!

That was deliberate, I was spelling it the way it was typo'd. But now I notice it was only typo'd in one of the translations by somebody else, not in the official one.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
If there was a typo in it, it was in the original message (you know, the first post).  Krelus mentions some typos in an earlier post.

Offline Krelus

If there was a typo in it, it was in the original message (you know, the first post).  Krelus mentions some typos in an earlier post.

Yeah, my conversion was less than perfect. I retroactively fixed it, though.

ANYwho, with any luck I should be able to at least get some new media ready and posted sometime this weekend. In addition, once I get XFire Video to recognize my damn audio card I'll have some new weapon demonstrations ready (By the way, if anyone here is familiar with SoundMax HD Audio, any tips on how to get the Stereo Mixer to work would be greatly appreciated.)

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Interesting.  I wonder what kind of beam that Titan is using.  It's definitely not standard issue, since StratComm's ships use blue beams.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Actually, StratComm's ships don't come with any custom beams by default in the tables that come with the models.
They're just given blue beams most of the time because the emitters are blue, but that's on a per-mod basis.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Krelus

Actually, StratComm's ships don't come with any custom beams by default in the tables that come with the models.
They're just given blue beams most of the time because the emitters are blue, but that's on a per-mod basis.

Yeah, the first incarnation of those beams was a slightly more magenta shade of purple, but they just looked wrong coming from the cool-blue emitters. So I changed the color to a cooler, more blue-ish hue and now it looks WAY better. Plus I wanted something I hadn't really seen too often.

As promised, a smattering of screenshots from missions 1, 2, and 4. Hopefully sometime next week I'll have some concept art available for consumption.

Finally, this is where I got that funky alphabet, in case anyone was curious. Brownie points to whoever remembers that series.

Ha ha, I guess I get brownie points... I thought it was Standard Galactic Alphabet!

These screenies look amazing, can't wait for the finished product...

Offline Krelus

Heh, that might be a while. I have a terrible work ethic and this will wind up being a long campaign. I've made a few four-mission stories and I feel ready to do something big. It should pick up once college is out, I've got about six things due next week which I haven't even started on ;_;

take your time... i've got enough mods to last  a while. :nod:

Offline NathanP

Interesting.  I wonder what kind of beam that Titan is using.  It's definitely not standard issue, since StratComm's ships use blue beams.

I have a mod pack lying around somewhere that has a purple beam, its called an UBGreen and is purple - looks very similar to this one.  I think it came with the mod pack for unholy alliance but i may be wrong.  They have very long range and do massive damage - put 3 of them on the front of the colossus and see how quickly ships get ripped apart ;7