Author Topic: Turrreys installer  (Read 1664 times)

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
is there anyway we can stop ppl using tureys installer or fix the bad mvps within it , nearly half of all support problems seem to stem from corrupted mvps ......... or can we sticky a uncheck these boxe when using explination thread........

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 05:23:39 pm by Lobo »
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Maybe someone should actually do something about it, namely TELLING HIM there's an issue.

Offline captain-custard

he has been told !
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
He has indeed. Many, many times. In the end though it's his decision to upgrade it and there's not much anyone else can do but ask nicely.
Alcibades' Gamble - We Love Our Ice Cream

Everything you need to know, and more can be found at The Freespace Wiki

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's not solely Turey's responsibility.  If the mediaVP folks would upload VPs in .zip format, not .7z, that would also fix the issue.

Offline captain-custard

if that is the only problem then someone pm me with the details ftp etc and ill do it

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
Yeah, that's nothing really. Ten seconds in 7zip is enough to cure that little woe.
Alcibades' Gamble - We Love Our Ice Cream

Everything you need to know, and more can be found at The Freespace Wiki

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Once the Release build for 3.6.10 is done, a refresh of the VP's will be made by me.

And frankly, I like the better and more secure compression from .7z format. And adding 7z support to the installer would be a piece of cake.

But since ZIP is still the crap king of compression (Rather like internet explorer is for browsers) the refresh and all future releases will be done in Zip format, which will resolve the problem nicely.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys