Author Topic: Something about Phobos  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Something about Phobos
Hi everyone, just downloaded Phobos and fell out of my chair when read the table file. It has many slashes, missile banks and beams. I think it's kinda' funny cause it should be at least three times bigger then to have so many beam turrets and all. Anyway the model's good!!! :cool: :wink: :p

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Blagh you should see its non-public armament :D Scary ship, it is.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I reduced it's power a while ago, but it still has all the slash beams :D
The Phobos is designed to take on destroyers and win :)

It has twice the amount of turrets than our average destroyer :D

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
But still with so many turrets the ship should be one big reactor with no humans inside. :jaw:

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Woomeister
It has twice the amount of turrets than our average destroyer :D

Boy, :sigh: You really like to exaggerate. Like mounting 20 SBFRED Beams on the Garghant. :doubt:

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
mmh, on such a large ship as a gargant, I think 1000 BFred would not be exagerated I suppose, actually...
SCREW CANON!

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by venom2506
mmh, on such a large ship as a gargant, I think 1000 BFred would not be exagerated I suppose, actually...

How LARGE??? (hey, we're talking about Phobos here)

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by Razor

Boy, :sigh: You really like to exaggerate. Like mounting 20 SBFRED Beams on the Garghant. :doubt:

I was replying to that :)

bah, I can't remember how big the gargant is, 60 km I think.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Is INFERNO going OTT? :eek:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Is INFERNO going OTT? :eek:

What do you mean by that?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Razor

that's its exact armourment :p

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by Ten of Twelve

What do you mean by that?

Over the top... meaning big ships, big HP, big guns. Any similarity between this and any other hosted project is purely intentional.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
now now, the Phobos would win against any 2360s era destroyer. Since the campaign starts in 2340, it's normal. Thing of the gap between FS and FS2, of course the Colossus could destroy everything and take about zero damage. So? By the time of Inferno, the Colossus is an oversized ugly can with crappy weapons. The destroyers of the twenty-fifth century could kick the Phobos' behind. Usually.

And we won't be using big huge monster ships every mission..although most things probably will be bigger. Everything's been..upscaled..a little bit.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor

Over the top... meaning big ships, big HP, big guns. Any similarity between this and any other hosted project is purely intentional.

6.25% of our ships are 'super' ships, most of our ships and the most common seen are cruisers and corvettes.

Offline Nico

• Venom
and you can't compare it even *un*intentionnally with OTT, we have no supercapships save for the shivan ones which are used, bah, in a special way that would give the player much pb :)
SCREW CANON!