Author Topic: Lucifer won't fire it's beam cannons  (Read 1641 times)

Lucifer won't fire it's beam cannons
First of all: Hi !! :)

I'm new to the forums but not new to freespace :)

I have a problem with the cutscene where the Lucifer (should) attack an Orion class destroyer. At a certain point the Lucy gets in position in front of it, and should fire it's flux cannons. Unfortunately she doens'nt fire. Even with different difficult settings, nothing happens. Have tried differend timespeeds but nothing works.

I tried to install the latest updated, provided here in the main topic, but it also doesn't work. The only difference is the colour of the Lucifer; before the update, I saw it's usually red coloured hull...after the update, she remains black and gray (no red colours).

Does somebody know what I have to do now? I really want to finish the mod :D

Tnx in advance!!!

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Re: Lucifer won't fire it's beam cannons
Happened once to me cause I sped it up... lol

You could try a cheat. :nervous:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
First of all: Hi !! :)

I'm new to the forums but not new to freespace :)

I have a problem with the cutscene where the Lucifer (should) attack an Orion class destroyer. At a certain point the Lucy gets in position in front of it, and should fire it's flux cannons. Unfortunately she doens'nt fire. Even with different difficult settings, nothing happens. Have tried differend timespeeds but nothing works.

I tried to install the latest updated, provided here in the main topic, but it also doesn't work. The only difference is the colour of the Lucifer; before the update, I saw it's usually red coloured hull...after the update, she remains black and gray (no red colours).

Does somebody know what I have to do now? I really want to finish the mod :D

Tnx in advance!!!

Sounds like you don't have animated glowmaps turned on...how are your system specs?

As for the beams not firing, try just going through the cutscene without any time acceleration.

I think we've had this problem before...I don't remember quite what the fix was.

Sounds like you don't have animated glowmaps turned on...how are your system specs?

As for the beams not firing, try just going through the cutscene without any time acceleration.

I think we've had this problem before...I don't remember quite what the fix was.

Tnx for your reply :)
The specs shouldn't be the problem; running a Q6600 with 4GB ram and for vid using a HD4850. Maybe OS? I'm using Vista (Ultimate) but as far as I know that shouldn't be a problem right?

Of course I tried the cutscene without acceleration (for thousands of times :P) but still nothing happened.

I've also searched for a solution before I posted my problem here but that didn't solved it. There was a solution with removing the "data" map which should remove all the temorary files (or something like that). So hopefully somebody could give me the key for this problem :)