Author Topic: Discussion: How long should it take to FRED a mission?  (Read 6296 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Re: Discussion: How long should it take to FRED a mission?
Well I'd just like it noted for record that those of us that still play Freespace appreciate the time and effort all you guys put in no matter how long it takes you.

Silent Threat Reborn is one of the best non-volition campaigns I've ever played (I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't a V campaign) so maybe the time is worth it?

The Voice acting end actually delayed it quite a while AFAIK, ask Goober, he knows

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Only two years.  That still leaves four years of development, which is kinda long.  And even if you take off the 1.5 years for beta testing, that's still 2.5 years of FREDding.

In reality, of course, there were no such clear demarcations between project stages (i.e. "this is FREDding", "this is testing", "this is voicing").  There was a lot of overlap, and a lot of rework.  The readme expands on this topic a little bit.

And thanks, unsrm, for your comments. :)  I do think ST:R is the better for having had that many years of polish.  I wish it hadn't taken so long, but at least now it's released!

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
Something worth doing is worth doing well, even if it does take 2 or more years.

I just got ST:R to work (my FS2 folder was all screwed up :(), and I'm enjoying it immensely. :yes:
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~