Author Topic: Caprica DVD Released. *Spoilers*  (Read 7640 times)

Offline YIIMM

Re: Caprica DVD Released. *Spoilers*
Really? Are we sure? That's pretty interesting.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were true, BSG reused a few sets as well, for example, the Temple of Five was previously used to shoot the Ragnar Anchorage scenes

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
Really? Are we sure? That's pretty interesting.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were true, BSG reused a few sets as well, for example, the Temple of Five was previously used to shoot the Ragnar Anchorage scenes

Hmmmm

yeah, I think ive seen that set with all the space, stars, and darkness before,  the one with the spaceships in it, lol  :D  :D

Would make sense to use the same sets cause of budget cuts and finances
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Rainman

I didn't know what to expect going in, but it turned out to be alright. Personally i thought the new series would fail, but it seems ok.

Definitely liked how they were almost ahead with technology before, because that went well with why baltar kept saying "we must embrace technology again and stop living in fear" in the miniseries. People would toss out new networked technology for more reliable and safe older methods. Also, anyone think the hologlobe or whatever its called should not have had blinking lights all over it? That just made it look ridicolous, like those old computers on spaceships in old movies.

The one thing i didn't like though: All cylons are essentially hormonal teenage girls. I couldn't believe he used his daughter's code rather than making one for himself (if he could use data to make William's sister, he could have made a version of himself.)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The one thing i didn't like though: All cylons are essentially hormonal teenage girls. I couldn't believe he used his daughter's code rather than making one for himself (if he could use data to make William's sister, he could have made a version of himself.)

So far, only the first prototype cylon is a little girl inside. I would guess that the production models will be based on something more controllable. My guess is that he needed a working AI, and there wasn't enough time left to develop one from scratch, so he took what he had. As for the little Adama, that could very well be just a quick hack job he did to get Adama's support....
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
The way I figured it - when he put his daughter in the cylon, it was only to see if it would work... when the data corrupted he thought she was lost.

The cylon you see fighting well in the end is using that new computer thingy adama stole for him.

But in the end, it's revealed the daughter is still hidden in there somewhere.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
The way I figured it - when he put his daughter in the cylon, it was only to see if it would work... when the data corrupted he thought she was lost.

The cylon you see fighting well in the end is using that new computer thingy adama stole for him.

But in the end, it's revealed the daughter is still hidden in there somewhere.

So wonder is she like a virus? Maybe a scan with AVG might remove her  :D

Hmmm, strange the end of the worlds, brought started off by one hormonal teenage girl!!!  :lol:

Me thinks she is the Caprican version of a Goth! damn Goths always knew they would somehow end the world  :P
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Rainman

Yep, AVG will kill anything. But i don't get it that piece of technology that was put into the cylon that got corrupted, what exactly does that do? I thought it just made it possible to upload the AI into the cylon and have it operate it. Does it have its own personality? Because it still seemed like Zoe was in control of the cylon at all times when we saw it.

The device, as I understand it, is basically an advanced computer processor that runs a Virtual or Artificial Intelligence algorithm. It's necessary because it allows the robot equipped with it to learn and adapt to changing situations, which is necessary in the fluid realm of combat, where it's more important to predict where your enemy is, rather than react to your enemy. The Zoe program was uploaded as a test, and also as the desperate act of a grieving father, but it appeared that the program became corrupted, and so Daniel believed the program was completely lost. He was unaware that the Zoe program still lurked in the background, and it wasn't until after the prototype demonstration that that program came back to the forefront for whatever reason.