Author Topic: liberating tbl-spaces  (Read 2597 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
liberating tbl-spaces
I recently ran into some serious problems with the ship limit when I tried to get my glowmaped EA Nova into a TBP-mod...
appearently I've pushed the ship limit too far...
now I need a way to "liberate" place in ships.tbl and its tbms WITHOUT violating the TBP mod-policy....
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: liberating tbl-spaces
violating the INF ship limit?  :confused:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline 0rph3u5

either that or something is rotten in my mod.ini here - and since I'm doing mod.inis for sometime now without problems....

[attachment deleted by evil Tolwyn]
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
You are running the RC2 inferno correct?  What's your command line and mod.ini look like?  And of course you have checked for typos in ship types. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline 0rph3u5

You are running the RC2 inferno correct?  What's your command line and mod.ini look like?  And of course you have checked for typos in ship types. 

uhm no - I've not been keeping up with anykind of FS_Open build recently...

as for mod.ini
Code: [Select]
[launcher]
image255x112 = TBP.bmp; placebolder must create logo before release
infotext     = ; TEXT
website      = ; must fill before release
forum        = ; must fill before release

[multimod]
secondrylist = HP_Auroras,Recolored_Civs,FREDer_package

ps. I used a modified ships.tbl and it worked - but that violates the modding-policy

==================

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
One thing I'm wondering is if it's hitting a length restriction on the mod line.  Get the 3.6.10 RC2 build and run the debug inferno build.  Better yet grab Zathras since it's in there.  Post the fs2_open.log.  Also is it possible for you to email me the modded ships and table entries for them or at least the table entries?  If there is a problem I'd like to find out sooner then later. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras