Author Topic: I need help  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I have a stable Gigas with no textures and no subobjects. When i tried to add them, the subobjects messed up and truespace change the textures to different ones!!!!
It had the right ones in TS, but had different ones when i converted it to POF, but all the files where correct.

I need help to get at least the 4 front turrets online as well as to retexture it.

------------------
Inferno

Home of the Shield project.

Inferno Forum

ICQ# 113489495

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!
I would help you, but unfortunatly I have no idea... but I will say one thing... Truespace is  

------------------
"Supernova, ya supernova, supernova goes pop
supernova, ya think it's over but the supernova don't stop" PM5K
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
#knees death in the groin#
Rimmer:"Remember matey, it's only the good that die young"
Kudoth, god of pointless educational programs.
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Originally posted by The Claw:
Truespace is  
I agree with that  

Offline The Claw

If you edit the model in 3ds and add textures, it keep the texture maps so all u have to do is re-apply them... might help with your textures.
 With the sub-objects. I'm afraid I can't help you (I havn't got it right myself yet) but I have been told to look out for something called Trueview- a plug in for Truespace that allows you to see Hierarchy. Havn't found it yet, but two sets of eyes are better than one  

------------------
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I can make 3ds files but I can't edit them. I can only edit in Truespace and Blender.

Offline The Claw

Well, altering the UV in Blender would probably work as well... don't ask me how though, because I don't use blender.

------------------

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Got a turret working. Now only the textures need doing.

------------------
New Inferno Site

Inferno Forum

ICQ# 113489495

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Hem, is it me or we should rename the colossus the dwarfus?  

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Think what a destroyer is like to it then  

The first texture is now on. I should have it completed soon and ready for final testing!

------------------
New Inferno Site

Inferno Forum

ICQ# 113489495

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Gigas is now complete, except for subsystems, paths and engines.

[This message has been edited by Woomeister (edited 04-15-2001).]

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
She's a beauty...  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!
Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'm just surprised it worked. Took me five days non-stop but it worked.

Get the stats and latest news on it here:
 http://pub59.ezboard.com/fsocinfernofrm3.showMessage?topicID=4.topic

The ship is now about 99% complete.

Offline The Claw

Maybe you should write down how you done it- what problems you came across and how you overcame them- then see if people like VolitionWatch will host it (they've got a few tutorials- this information would probably be welcome).

------------------

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Step 1 - Resize Sathanas in Truespace 1 ending up with a 200km one!!!

Step 2 - Shrink it to the correct size

Step 3 - Make 2 cubes glue together to make a turret resize very small so it hard to find

Step 4 - Spend hours texturing, retexturing, and retexturing... etc

Step 5 - Convert to POF and add all the FSMM2 stuff.

Yeah I might document what I did and couldn't do. It'll be a while though. Got the SI Arachnas to do. Totally new model done by me   A modular design similar to Dark's Polaris. So far three modules are complete. It's a very basic design though. Basically made of cubes and cylinders.