Author Topic: TF2: Meet the Spy  (Read 5349 times)

Still my third favorite game of all time, though, and the best FPS I've ever played. If only they'd release episode 3 now, instead of delaying past the release date of feb 2009.

Valve also recognizes that rushing products != happyness. They release products when they are done, and therefore delay almost as much as the ST:R team :P

Offline Axem

Ahahahaha

Haha

Ha

Heee

Woooo...

Seriously?

Are we thinking of the same Valve here? Sure TF2 may have taken forever to come out, but Valve has awful QA when it comes to updates. In one update they changed how the bounding boxes worked for jumping, this made people not be able to make jumps they could before, and the engie couldn't even jump on top of his sentry. And Natascha's been broken through various means so many times it isn't funny. And you also have the new unlock system, which without a trading system breaks the whole concept of how they wanted players to get new weapons.

Don't get me wrong, I love Valve, they just need a QA department that actually knows how to test.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Looks like the Soldier is the next in line for update.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I want an Engie update. :(
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Ahahahaha

Haha

Ha

Heee

Woooo...

Seriously?

Are we thinking of the same Valve here? Sure TF2 may have taken forever to come out, but Valve has awful QA when it comes to updates. In one update they changed how the bounding boxes worked for jumping, this made people not be able to make jumps they could before, and the engie couldn't even jump on top of his sentry. And Natascha's been broken through various means so many times it isn't funny. And you also have the new unlock system, which without a trading system breaks the whole concept of how they wanted players to get new weapons.

Don't get me wrong, I love Valve, they just need a QA department that actually knows how to test.

Now you say it, I remember that there was a patch that broke Opposing Force.

Valve games are bugless. Untill the bugfixing comes along :P.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
[...]

Now you say it, I remember that there was a patch that broke Opposing Force.

Valve games are bugless. Untill the bugfixing comes along :P.

Srsly. I remember this one patch that made Portal freeze after two seconds of runtime. They fixed it three days later.  :no:

Meh.

The new unlocks, especially, are not a QA issue - it's a whiny community issue.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer

Soldier has been done already?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Soldier has been done already?

No?

Ah, I see. You're thinking of a 'Meet The' video. He means a gameplay update (unlockables, achievements, so on.)

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Yes, that's what I meant. Although the evidence it was based on (Soldier quote on the latest bloq quote) is admittedly pretty shaky.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Yes, that's what I meant. Although the evidence it was based on (Soldier quote on the latest bloq quote) is admittedly pretty shaky.
well, i alwany found the soldier to be relatively-not-that-used, and personally fail as one :rolleyes:

Offline Axem

Not that used in comparison to what exactly? Soldier is quite a versatile class. He has great long range attack weapon and a pretty good short range one too. Heaven help you if he's got a kritzkrieging medic on him. He's probably one of the better balanced classes. I'm guessing he's the last class to get some new weapons.

My guess for the next batch of unlocks is Engineer. The real weakness for him right now is the Sentry. It's really just an annoyance to a good team, or even a player. A demo can easily lob 4 stickies and kill it, a pyro can just circle strafe even a level 3 and kill it if he gets close enough. That's not really right at all.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I agree. Being an Engie is an exercise in frustration. Stand in a corner whacking things with your wrench, make runs to nearby metal drops, painstakingly build everything, lose it to an uber-pyro push or a demoman in three seconds flat.

They're utterly critical. But actually being one is kind of annoying.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I like engie, and I hope the next update is engie-focused. I just hope they implement trading soon, I don't need extra Jarate, Dead Ringers and Flare Guns. I want the Cloak and Dagger.

And about the sentry weakness thing, I don't think you play Dustbowl often. With 2-3 engies on defense, a formidable defense can be mounted.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
As I said, they're utterly critical. But life as an engie is still just kind of excruciating. It's nice when sentry is racking up kills as part of a near-impenetrable defense, but you yourself still don't get to do much but whack things with a wrench.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Yeah, a nice shotgun replacement'd be nice. And a spy defense.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I agree. Being an Engie is an exercise in frustration. Stand in a corner whacking things with your wrench, make runs to nearby metal drops, painstakingly build everything, lose it to an uber-pyro push or a demoman in three seconds flat.

They're utterly critical. But actually being one is kind of annoying.
slapping up a dispenser first allows for to basicially have infinite metal over time, allowing you to build it all not that slowly.
makes my engie life so much easier.
unless that's been patched out, i haven't played that much lately since my brother's account has counter-strike, mine is TF2, buyt i do not know if he remembers his pswrd, so i do not want to ruin him...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Of course you can do that. But it's still a lot of whacking stuff with your wrench. And the dispenser doesn't give out metal all that fast.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Yeah, but there are always metal boxes around critical locations.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I know all this. I play Engie all the time.

It's not that I think Engie is execrable. It's a lot of fun. But I think the gameplay needs a kick in the pants, something to shake it up from 'whack whack whack SENTRY DOWN!' whack whack whack 'SPY SAPPIN' MAH TELEPORTER!'