Author Topic: Space Marine  (Read 24154 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I have just spoken to a THQ customer service guy and he told me the only way to get the Demo is to pre-order the Honour Guard version from GAME and there is a code you get given to be able to download it from a certain website. I was also told the Demo is only available to those who pre-order and not the general public despite the that fact the demo is "worldwide" and available to everyone else. He then went to say that the game will not be put on steam until the release date for activation and will not be in the Steam UK store at all, which confused me.

EDIT just registered and got the honour guard, bloody Demo still not avaliable!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:31:58 am by starbug »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Strange, I haven't preordered the game and was able to install and play the demo through Steam. Maybe that's a UK-only stupidity?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
That is somewhat incorrect information. The demo was only available to pre-order buyers until yesterday. It should be available to everyone already, I was able to download the demo about 17 hours ago . If you still can't download the demo, then go read the Steam support forums, might be an answer there.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
That is somewhat incorrect information. The demo was only available to pre-order buyers until yesterday. It should be available to everyone already, I was able to download the demo about 17 hours ago . If you still can't download the demo, then go read the Steam support forums, might be an answer there.

I was only going but what THQ told me over the phone. Also the Demo is not avaliable to the UK steam THQ has said the game will not be avaliable to purchase and the demo will not be availiable on UK steam just the pre-oreder honour guard. I have checked the forums, There is the honour guard pre-order but there is a problem with that as well, a lot of people are saying that when the redeem code is entered you get a message saying redeem code already used. It won't accept mine as i have joined the "honour guard" and got my redeem code and it comes up already been redeemed! am gonna cry!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

If you can't get the demo, have Steam running and put this "steam://install/55410" into your browser.  Some people on RelicNews have said that's worked for them.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Worked for me. :) Can you post the link to the thread? I don't want my account blammed or something. :\

17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline mxlm

I have a complaint. I'm pretty sure I know the cause of the problem (budget looks different when you're doing a AAA action title than when you're doing a RTS), and it's both forgivable and understandable: the audio is much wholly inferior to the audio in DoW/DoWII. Not so much the DAKKADAKKADAKKA, but the voicework and music (granted, we've certainly not heard all the music). When the orks go WAAAGH near the lift it's...less impressive than when they do so in The Last Stand. More to the point, we've gone from upwards of five hours of context-senstive unit barks (~ fifteen minutes per hero, times three heroes, times three races. Now factor in regular units) in addition to all the campaign voicework to...well, just the campaign voicework. I loved all the stuff Orks said in DoWII. Here? I barely notice. They have some forgettable stuff about killing more humans and/or space marines, but even their voices just aren't as cool anymore, nevermind what they're actually saying. Captain Titus is so restrained he's, well, boring (contrast with this). What the hell happened to fury and zeal?

A minor complaint, and doubtless due to budgetary constraints, but disappointing nonetheless after the fantastic work in DoWI/II.

EDIT: Well, someone on another forum is telling me he read somewhere that this is from an earlier build, and the voicework has been redone significantly since there. Hope, I still has it.

Crap why the hell is the UK not allowed the demo(funny how WH40k is a UK IP)!! Website says Worldwide release for Space marine Demo, click on the link and Steam says " This item is unavailable in your region"  So if this game requires steam how are we supposed to get the game activated on Steam UK when it has been removed?????????

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1119494-Game-UK-Why-these-guys-are-ruining-your-consumer-experience-on-Steam-in-the-UK

Note what the THQ rep  said about GAME exclusivity as well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:25:32 am by mxlm »
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Just played the demo, it is as awesome as I expected, jump packs FTW!!! :yes:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
17 hours and change.

Curious, who preordered it?

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Did I preorder it?  Does Idirick Boreale Love Steeel Rehn?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Did I preorder it?  Does Idirick Boreale Love Steeel Rehn?

SPESS MAHREENS!

I have it pre-ordered, but it comes out on Friday here :c
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline mxlm

Pre-ordered, but used free shipping, so maybe it'll be a week or so. Whatever, $27.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Finished it at easy. Disregarding multiple endings, that was kinda a letdown at the end.

Of course it's easy, and I didn't get all the collectibles, so...still possible there's something else.

A Feddie Story

I'm playing it on Normal, and damn am I dying.  I'm on Part 3 fighting through the brown mountain area, and damn I ****ing hate Slugga mobs lead by Nobz.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Finished it at easy. Disregarding multiple endings, that was kinda a letdown at the end.

Of course it's easy, and I didn't get all the collectibles, so...still possible there's something else.
... I think I just saw this exact post a while back on TVTropes.

Anyway, I'm fairing alright so far. Only the Orks with Chainswords are giving me troubles. Otherwise, I'm jake with everything.

Oh. And Jump Packs are so broken in SP, it's lucky they're far between.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:17:32 am by Stormkeeper »
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
... I think I just saw this exact post a while back on TVTropes.

You probably did. I'm Night over there.

A Feddie Story