Author Topic: SF [insert name here]  (Read 8360 times)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by LtNarol
the Minotaur based loosely off of the starfox ship thingy.  On another note, the shivan heavy fighter has been named the SF Kali.

The Minotaur would look kinda cool with its luminosity reversed - like this... :)

- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
I leave and he gets lots of work done...:( :wtf:
Hmmmm...while you're showing off work Narol, how about you show off the things I did before I went away? Please please please please please?
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Corsair: what work would that be? :lol: (j/k, i'll see if i can dig it up, Lost in the HardDrive)  you can send it to me again and i'll post it.

Setekh: i likes the way that looks, but unless you gonna do that to the textures for me, it aint gonna happen.  I have too many dark ships already, minotaur needs to break up the party, so if you can swap the black for a medium gray...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
SF Asura

Asuras were demonic enemies of the Hindu Gods.

SF Shango

Cruel African King who's people rebelled, after which he ascended and became a storm god

I personally like the first one. :)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Corsair: what work would that be? :lol: (j/k, i'll see if i can dig it up, Lost in the HardDrive)  you can send it to me again and i'll post it.

Betcha you don't lose your own work, only other people's! :D
I will get my revenge on you so :ha:

BTW, I think that the shivan fighter looks like a Shivan version of the Empire's tri-fighter (the clutch) :nod:
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Originally posted by Corsair

Betcha you don't lose your own work, only other people's! :D
I will get my revenge on you so :ha:

BTW, I think that the shivan fighter looks like a Shivan version of the Empire's tri-fighter (the clutch) :nod:

actually, i lost the test texture job i did on the morae, and i cant seem to find the B****** model.

As for the TIE Clutch, close, the Kali was based on the TIE Defender

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule

actually, i lost the test texture job i did on the morae, and i cant seem to find the B****** model.

As for the TIE Clutch, close, the Kali was based on the TIE Defender

What's the difference between the two? I thought that they were the same ship just Clutch was the Alliance nickname.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
nope, a TIE Defender has 3 pylons and a wing like that of a TIE Interceptor on then end of each.  The wings are canted outwards instead of in like on the TIE Interceptor.  A TIE Clutch (dont know the official designation, clutch might be it, i dunno) is the normal eyeball with three wings grafted straight onto the ball, each wing is a flat peice like the top or bottom of a TIE Interceptor wing.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
As far as I can tell from I Jedi, it's officially called a Tri-Fighter, but that could be just another nickname.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Yeah, I think Tri-Fighter is it. It's just an Ugly, so no fancy names.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Setekh: i likes the way that looks, but unless you gonna do that to the textures for me, it aint gonna happen.  I have too many dark ships already, minotaur needs to break up the party, so if you can swap the black for a medium gray...

Medium gray, huh? Chuck me the textures at [email protected] and I'll see what I can do. :)

SF Chimaera/Garuda/Harpy/Scylla
The basilisk was a mythological beast, and the chimaera is another one, so I figure that another mythological name is appropriate.

or Garuda: Sometimes called Garida, it is probably the oldest of the great birds. Having many characteristics that are similar to the roc, the Garuda was capable of blocking out the sun with its body, and picking up elephants in it talons. It had an eagle's beak and wings with a human's body. His face was white, his wings scarlet and his body golden. Sometimes it was called the bird of life. This bird was the mount of Vishnu. Sometimes it was thought that this bird was the incarnation of the fire god because of how brightly it shone at birth. This bird was the dreaded enemy of the nagas.

or Harpy: Originally wind spirits, the Harpies' inital role is to carry to Hades the souls of the dead. The harpies are born from Typhon and Echinda. There are four Harpies: Aello (meaning rain-squall), Celaeno (storm-dark), Okypete (swift-flying), and Podarge (swift-foot). In later myths the Harpies are featured as winged monsters with pale female human faces with long hair and claws made of brass. Although invulnerable, they always look hungry and withered. Everything that they touch immediately becomes contaminated with an awful stench. They were afraid of only one thing: the sound of a brass instrument.

or Scylla: A sea-monster that guards one side of the straits of Messina. Scylla had six heads, and around her waist is a ring of barking dogs. She seizes sailors as they pass through the strait. Originally she was a beautiful nymph who was transformed by the sorceress Circe out of jealousy. She did this by filling the sea where Scylla was bathing with terrible serpents and by enchantment, they became part of her body.

(all these definitions from Gareth Long's encyclopedia of monsters etc [http://webhome.idirect.com/~donlong/monsters/monsters.htm])

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Re: SF Chimaera/Garuda/Harpy/Scylla
Originally posted by Labcoatguy
The basilisk was a mythological beast, and the chimaera is another one, so I figure that another mythological name is appropriate.

or Garuda: Sometimes called Garida, it is probably the oldest of the great birds. Having many characteristics that are similar to the roc, the Garuda was capable of blocking out the sun with its body, and picking up elephants in it talons. It had an eagle's beak and wings with a human's body. His face was white, his wings scarlet and his body golden. Sometimes it was called the bird of life. This bird was the mount of Vishnu. Sometimes it was thought that this bird was the incarnation of the fire god because of how brightly it shone at birth. This bird was the dreaded enemy of the nagas.

or Harpy: Originally wind spirits, the Harpies' inital role is to carry to Hades the souls of the dead. The harpies are born from Typhon and Echinda. There are four Harpies: Aello (meaning rain-squall), Celaeno (storm-dark), Okypete (swift-flying), and Podarge (swift-foot). In later myths the Harpies are featured as winged monsters with pale female human faces with long hair and claws made of brass. Although invulnerable, they always look hungry and withered. Everything that they touch immediately becomes contaminated with an awful stench. They were afraid of only one thing: the sound of a brass instrument.

or Scylla: A sea-monster that guards one side of the straits of Messina. Scylla had six heads, and around her waist is a ring of barking dogs. She seizes sailors as they pass through the strait. Originally she was a beautiful nymph who was transformed by the sorceress Circe out of jealousy. She did this by filling the sea where Scylla was bathing with terrible serpents and by enchantment, they became part of her body.

(all these definitions from Gareth Long's encyclopedia of monsters etc [http://webhome.idirect.com/~donlong/monsters/monsters.htm])
Scylla is the name thats going to be used on the new Shivan interceptor-pics coming soon.  As for the heavy fighter, its been named the Kali.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
The Scylla is already used as a corvette by Aldo..
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

wut about the SF Sadrai????? i named that one of the fighters i have......
"Got Life?"
"Three days he rose again, fulfilling all the prophecies of the Word of God; this man's name was Jesus Christ!"
"What will tomarrow bring? Keep in mind this phrase: we are all a vapor in God's eyes..."
"God knows no time, for he is ETERNAL...":nod:
John 3:16-Pick up a bible and see what it's all about...:nod:

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Originally posted by Alikchi
The Scylla is already used as a corvette by Aldo..
Why do him and Venom always get all the good names/models? :p  we'll use something else then.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Shouldn't Scylla be a terran ship name anyway?

I mean, it goes along with the Charybdis perfectly (mythological things, from the Odyssey).  You need to find refrences of minor Hindu deities; they are the names used for shivan craft.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by StratComm
Shouldn't Scylla be a terran ship name anyway?

I mean, it goes along with the Charybdis perfectly (mythological things, from the Odyssey).  You need to find refrences of minor Hindu deities; they are the names used for shivan craft.

There's already a Terran Installation named Scylla...

It's another one of those ubiquitous names... like Thor, and Chimera... :D

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
her, useless post sorry.

cool ships everywhere :) could you more details IMHO, but I kindda like the basic shapes :)
SCREW CANON!

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Originally posted by venom2506
her, useless post sorry.

cool ships everywhere :) could you more details IMHO, but I kindda like the basic shapes :)

Its a refreshing change to some.
Got Ether?