Author Topic: HLP Modeling Thread  (Read 2072 times)

HLP Modeling Thread
Well, I noticed that a lot of people on HLP do models (by that I mean a handful), and since I'm into it, I figured I'd start a thread to discuss and show off. Feel free to discuss/show any medium (Lego, kit, origami, carboard, etc) 'slong as you put it together.

I'm currently working on a 911 Slant Nose. Tomorrow I'll take some pictures of the scout MK2 truck I finished a couple months ago.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Re: HLP Modeling Thread
Hehe, the first model I call "finished" without a tutorial. A bomb, cause I was curious about modeling/converting. I am fully aware that it's not great.

UV-unwrapped it, then applied an Ancient capship map; probably not the best way to do it, but well.

With blinking glowpoint...

In-game testing: the missile flare is not visible from this close :nervous:

Next up: finding out how to convert a tilemapped model. Not as efficient as UVmaps, but easier to retexture AFAIK.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Great model, but he means physical models. Clay, Lego, etc.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

meh, computer models are ok. and I never managed to get those pictures- it would seem my cameras broken.  :blah:

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
That stinks about your camera Titan.  That's a cool bomb FSF, looks good with the ancient maps.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

That stinks about your camera Titan.  That's a cool bomb FSF, looks good with the ancient maps.

'would seem the lens somehow got... uhm, cracked. Or smashed. whichever sounds more appropriate.