Author Topic: Handing in my plots...  (Read 2849 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Handing in my plots...
A long road slowly comes to an end... Last year in October I began studying Chemistry, I knew it would be a demanding course of studying but it becomes more and more appearent that it is even worse than I though before - but it is what I want to do and so I have to make serious changes to other areas of my life to ajust to the new situation...

That is why I've decided to lead "Awakening Of The Beast" to an end and to hand my other plots over to the community...
I hope to see them to become reality one day and I really wish to play them once they are done - although I no longer have the time and the strengh to see to it....

I've two metaplots along which I used to think of stories - here I will present them and drop a short decribtion of all campaigns that exist along these storylines:

1. The Black Hand
The Black Hand is about the PSI Corps and its place in the Babylon 5 universe - its a long tragic of deception and lies, it is about the powerplays inside the Earth Alliance and the galaxy as whole during the Shadow War and the Earth Alliance Civil War.
Chapter 1 - First Steps
Chapter 2 - Odysse
Spoiler:
Odysse is set two years after the first Chapter; Protagonist Maximilian Locke returns as sole survivor of the previous expedition to the PSI Corps. Unable to remember anything but a Dark Presence that took the EAS Siphron and PSI Crops team aboard Locke is send out on a mission to the galatic fringes where telephats have expirienced the same as the Locke discribes. Sruggeling the find what darkness lurks between the starts Locke has to face the fact that the galaxy is a much greater and more chaotic place than his education by the Crops has lead him to belive.
His search leads him to the planet Z'Ha'Dum where the orgin of the Dark Persence can be found.
Chapter 3 - Ascention
Spoiler:
Ascention is set some years ahead of previous chapters (somewhere in the time of original B5 series but before the Battle at Coriana 7) - Protagonist former PSI-Cop and interrator Sarah LaCroix is rescued by PSI Corps operatives from a derelic floating at the boarders of Earth Alliance space. Sarah tries to adapt her new envoirment (having lost various years) but the begins to feel that something has changed and that she has changed as well.
Sahra sets out on a journey to find that what happened while she had been missing - tracing back her own footsteps before and after her last assingment. On Earth and Mars she meets a wall of silence and outside the Earth Alliance the galaxy falls apart. Besieged by unknown enemies and cased by former friends there is only her and the truth.
Her quest for answers will finally lead her to an engimatic Vorlon trader who claims to know her and that she has "rised beyond call".
Chapter 4 - Darius
Spoiler:
Darius squels Odysse - Locke has found the source of the Dark Presence he and other telephats have been feeling is a planet called Z'ha'dum. Though a voice in his mind is urging Locke to land on Z'Ha'Dum, he resists unknowing the reason why. Feeling his mission has been accomplished Locke returns to Mars for debriefing.
Upon arrival at the PSI Corps HQ he is tasked with another misson that leads him into the fringe of the galaxy. His new objective is to find and to bring back a certain Darius, a person which is said to have cause the Crops and its friends a good deal of problems.
When Locke finally finds a trace where Darius is to be found Darius claims the PSI Cop is "the key to his undoing" and flees. Locke tries to catch him just to see Darius being aducted by the Shadows.    
Chapter 5 - Phoenix
Spoiler:
Phoenix squells Acention; Sahra LaCroix learns that the PSI Corps had been a plaything of the Vorlons and the Shadows all along. The Vorlons who have no lost their hold on the Corps try to recruit her to break the Shadow's hold on the Corps. Sahra accepts their offer and begins with their help to form a group of rouge telephats into a fighting force that tries to sabotage the Shadow's plans.
Though Sahra accepted the Vorlon's offer she secretly plans to betray them in order to free the PSI Corps from the alien influnce of the ancient species after all ("They have created the PSI Corps as some sort of wicked ant colony and the Shadows have started messing with it. Now they want to get the colony back into their hand, out of reach for the Shadows, but they will not release the ants").
To Be Continued
Chapter 6 - My Father, My Mother
Spoiler:
Phoenix squells Darius - Alhtough having failed to bring Darius back to Mars Locke is welcome as if a he was a hero. But everything has a catch: He recognizes none of the higher echelon of the PSI Corps that welcome him. While he was out hunting Darius the entire structure of the PSI Crops appears to have changed. The perviously feared confrontation between Normals and telephats is now beeing welcomed. Locke grows suspicious of sudden changes in the Corps but he adapts quickly to his surrounds, still the Corps is the Mother, the Corps is the Father.
Gald that now his special assignments have come to end so far Locke takes up the "normal" duties of a PSI Cop again. Without question or doubt he once again hunts rouge telephats and their assistants. When suddenly the very first telephat that has escaped Locke returns with his former mentor Andrei Reanau at her side Locke's world is turned upside down....
For Reanau Locke learns that the entire PSI Corps is just a piece in a game of both Vorlons and Shadows but that both had underestimated the human will to be free from such influnce. That is why both sides try infiltrate the Corps. Locke does not belive Reanau and does his job.
Though Reanau now back in the Corps doubt begins to settle in Locke's mind.
To Be Coninued

2. Drakh-ISA Cold War
The campaigns of Drakh ISA Cold War are placed during/after the original Series' Seaon 5 and the beginning of Crusade - these campaigns focus on the Drakh's influnce on the League Of Non-Alligned Worlds and the Earth Alliance's struggle to counter the Drakh. "Drums Of War" and "Awakening Of The Beast" are parts of this metaplot.
- Black Tide
Spoiler:
Black Tide is set directly after Season 5 and "Drums Of War" - The aftermath of the war with the ISA is grim for the Centauri: Trade routes have broken down, all diplomatic contact with the Republic have been seized and the millitary is in disarray. A group of "Rouge Traders" (something between smugglers and pirates) from the League is trying to profit from the current situation and travels between the Centauri Republic and the League in order to trade, steal or profit from the current situation in anyway.
During their trade runs a Centauri Lady contacts them; She does not want to tell here name nor how to contact her but she insits on paying a lot of money for the Rouge Traders to do their job. Said Job leads the Traders around Centauri, Drazi and unclaimed territories searching for clues on the fleet the Centauri "used" to attack the ISA.
While gavering wreckage, log and other clues the Traders become centerpoint of attention of the Drakh (who dont want their plot uncovered), the Rangers (who think the Traders are part of a cover-up) and the Drazi military (who want to keep secret what they found on the Centauri ships).
- The Vorlon Heritage
Spoiler:
"The Drakh have poisoned Earth!" is the shocking headline the crew of the EAS Mercurio have swallow when arriving late for after the call for general mobilisation of Earth's forces. But there must be a cure and if one is to have such cure it must be a speices as ancient as the Shadows who created the plague in first place. Options are limited and the Vorlons are on the top of Earth's candidates.
The Mercurio and support ships are dispatched to enter formerly Vorlon-controled space and loot Vorlon sites for a cure. Such task will not be easy but the Earth Alliance is desperate.
Vorlon space is heavily guarded but a place of untold wonders but also of untold horror. When the Mecurio disables a defensive grid they have to learn that they just released some the original thridspace invaders. When the Drakh begin to push into Vorlon space as well the Mercurio's crew has realize that they can either have the cure or to let the Drakh seize Vorlon technology of unknown power
Perhaps you could use this: EAS Minos on freespacemod.net - though you might replace the the shadow-texutres with ea ones
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:26:32 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Handing in my plots...
Because of this post, I decided to replay the Black Hand Chapter 1 again. After a short while, I decided to quit playing, and fix a few of the smaller issues. Biggest on the list was a general grammar upgrade. The second thing was to remove the Briefing stages before the cutscenes.

Just unpack these missions into your data\missions directory.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline 0rph3u5

Because of this post, I decided to replay the Black Hand Chapter 1 again. After a short while, I decided to quit playing, and fix a few of the smaller issues. Biggest on the list was a general grammar upgrade. The second thing was to remove the Briefing stages before the cutscenes.

Just unpack these missions into your data\missions directory.

thx, The E
You don't mind if I work them into the file avalible for download on my site?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Skullar

Hallo Orpheus ! Unistress ? Klar, aber PERMAMENT ? Deine Restzeit ist dir nur wichtiger für dein Privatleben, und das freut mich für dich :) Grüße Skullar

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
thx, The E
You don't mind if I work them into the file avalible for download on my site?

No, go right ahead.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
What's the current status on these?  You still not going to work on them 0rph3us?  If so I can put them in the unfinished works on the DVD. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline 0rph3u5

What's the current status on these?  You still not going to work on them 0rph3us?  If so I can put them in the unfinished works on the DVD. 

No I am not going to work any of those (at least not for a very long time)...

You can put them on the DVD if you like...

==================