Says you have to register to login.... try this instead.
1. Gathering the Necessary Programs.
(*Note that installation will be covered a another section below*)For 3ds Max users:3ds Max version 7 or later
(a costly modeling suite, but industry standard)
from retail software vendors or online. For this tutorial we will be using
3ds Max 9.ColladaMax OSS Plugin
(an add on tool for 3ds Max)
(the main application for rigging models after export from
your modeling suite of choice) from:http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=26889&filename=PCS2_2.0.1_2008-02-11_Setup.exe&a=36916920
Alternatively - you can pick the file from the Sourceforge list of files here:http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=26889&package_id=53033
Just make sure you get the 2.0.1 > “PCS2_2.0.1_2008-02-11_Setup.exe” file.PCS2 Support Files
All of these must be installed for PCS2 can run properly.
PCS2 2.0.3 Updated EXE File:http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Completed/Misc/pcs2.exe
Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Runtimes Installer:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
libColladaDOM.dll File: (7zip files can be opened by WinRar or 7zip utilites)http://the158th.hard-light.net/spicious/libcollada14dom21.7z2. Installing the ProgramsFor 3ds Max users:
1. Begin by installing 3ds Max if you haven’t already got it installed. If you already
have Max, then just skip to the ColladaMax OSS section below.
If you own a legitimate copy of Max, then you should be able to put the disc in your
drive or otherwise start a “Setup” file to launch the installer.
2. Follow the prompts to install Max. (*Note that it is not recommended to install Max to an
external hard drive due to the lower data transfer speeds over USB and Firewire.*)
3. Once Max has been installed, launch the program by going to your
Start > Programs menu. Depending on which version of Max you installed, the launcher
may be under a “discreet” menu or a “Autodesk” menu.
4. Clear away any pop ups that may appear. Note that the Learning Movies (Max 9)
includes several tutorials that may be of use to beginners.
5. You can close Max down now. Just use the X button at the top right corner of each window.
This completes your install of Max.
ColladaMax OSS –
1. Find your ColladaMax file that you downloaded earlier and double click on it.
2. The installer will come up and state which versions of Max you have installed, just
clear out the pop ups that appear.
3. Proceed through the license agreement and component setup by clicking yes and install
4. The ColladaMax plugin is automatically be added to your plug-ins in Max.
PCS 2 –
1. Begin by installing the Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Runtimes.
This should have downloaded as a file titled vcredist_x86.exe (*Note if you
run a 64 bit operating system this file name may be slightly different*).
Launch the file and follow the prompts to get it installed, nothing special here.
2. Start by double clicking the PCS2_2.0.1_2008-02-11_Setup.exe file you
obtained earlier. Proceed through the install menus. (*Note that if your install
directory for Freespace 2 or your mod is not C:\Games\Freespace2, then you
need to adjust the path in the installer to match*)
3. Once the 2.0.1 installer is done and closed. You can locate the
pcs2.exe (PCS2 2.0.3 update) file and copy or move it to the main PCS2 directory that
was created when you installed the 2.0.1 version.
The directory should be located at C:\Program Files\POFCS2
Copying or moving the file will overwrite the existing (old 2.0.1) version of the pcs2.exe.
This is fine, so overwrite it.
4. Take the libcollada14dom21.7z file and unpack it using WinRar, 7-zip, or whatever
compression tool you have that accepts 7z files. If you don’t have a compression program,
search for one of the mentioned names on Google. Inside the archive you will find one libColladaDOM.dll file.
Take this file and move or copy it to the same C:\Program Files\POFCS2 folder as you just did with the pcs2.exe.