Author Topic: BIG OL' PUSH: Finishing Blue Planet - Age of Aquarius VA  (Read 71277 times)

Offline gavilatius

• kicking butt... gradius style
Re: BIG OL' PUSH: Finishing Blue Planet - Age of Aquarius VA
what type of microphones do you guys use? i'm using the one mounted tomy laptop and it sucks... alos the recording software for vista blows too, i get alot of ambient noise.
any one beat the last boss yet?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I use a cheap as chips four quid one from play.com. It's not what you've got though, it's how you use it, prepare the area you're recording in. Close any windows, turn the tellybox off, generally try to minimise background noise. Make sure you speak clearly and at an audible level. Check all your audio settings. No point speaking perfectly if you record at 2% of your microphones potential. Warm up, say the line five or six times beforehand and make sure to be in the mindset. Imagine you're booking something over the phone or speaking to your pals in the room.
Don't breathe directly into the mic and avoid popping sounds :nervous: by holding the mic just to the side of your mouth as opposed to right under your nose ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I'm going to give Iwakura a shot. Do I need to put every line in a separate file?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yes. However, be aware that we've contacted one of the big-name ST:R voice actors to handle Iwakura, so you've got stiff competition. If you'd do us a huge favor and also audition for one of the small parts (particularly the flashback transport, or one of the pilots at the bottom of the available roles), that would be a huge help, especially since it gets you a much better chance of being cast.

Yes. However, be aware that we've contacted one of the big-name ST:R voice actors to handle Iwakura, so you've got stiff competition. If you'd do us a huge favor and also audition for one of the small parts (particularly the flashback transport, or one of the pilots at the bottom of the available roles), that would be a huge help, especially since it gets you a much better chance of being cast.

Okay, I wasn't able to do the flashback transport (sounding terrified is not a strong point of mine :D ) but I did do a couple of the miscellaneous pilot lines at the bottom, along with Iwakura and the flashback commander. Mediafire link PMed.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Got it. Awesome stuff. Already have you in for one role.

Got it. Awesome stuff. Already have you in for one role.

Cool! Wait, let me guess... it's the Delta 1 line that I pitch-shifted up twice in Audacity? For some reason my relatively low voice actually sounds older when it's edited higher.  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 07:48:35 pm by da1edwin »

Offline gavilatius

i'm settin gone to you gen. it'll be in an e-mail... i was messing with a sound altering program and i hit a wrong hotkey... now i cant here sound from the speakers or headphones... so i can't alter anything or listen to music. can you help me?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You can't hear sound from ANY program?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Things are going well.

Iwakura might actually be a woman now.  :nervous:

NO U

I use mediafire. Without an account it holds more than enough for all my auditions for all roles plus the complete work for my assigned roles.

I use Windows Live SkyDrive. 25 GB of space, with a 50 MB limit on every uploaded file. Good enough for me, and it works. :)

what type of microphones do you guys use? i'm using the one mounted tomy laptop and it sucks... alos the recording software for vista blows too, i get a lot of ambient noise.

I use an early-2008 MacBook, with ambient noise reduction enabled and recording volume set to the highest setting. The lines I did for the GTT Cyrus were done in Audacity 1.3.7.1 in my bedroom with my fan turned off and my windows shut.

i'm settin gone to you gen. it'll be in an e-mail... i was messing with a sound altering program and i hit a wrong hotkey... now i cant here sound from the speakers or headphones... so i can't alter anything or listen to music. can you help me?

Did you hit the mute button?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline gavilatius

never mind... i hit a hotkey that muted the system, ran a system restore and were good, i got a sound altering program and i'll be able to send the doctored copy to you General

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

I use mediafire. Without an account it holds more than enough for all my auditions for all roles plus the complete work for my assigned roles.

I use Windows Live SkyDrive. 25 GB of space, with a 50 MB limit on every uploaded file. Good enough for me, and it works. :)

Given that MediaFire gives you unlimited space with a 100 mb limit on each file, I think it's superior!

never mind... i hit a hotkey that muted the system, ran a system restore and were good, i got a sound altering program and i'll be able to send the doctored copy to you General
Wait a minute.  Did you seriously just tell us that you ran SYSTEM RESTORE to turn off "mute?!"  That's like trying to swat a fly with a tactical nuke!
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline gavilatius

hey i got it to work... after downloading and installing i always keep a restore point handy... that way if anything goes wrong, and with no hope, i can restore it...

... and i nuked that fly good

Offline bahijal74

• BOOM baby!! haha
I am Galactus....
eater of flies
listen:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yhmwqgzczwz/galactus.wav
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 06:25:07 pm by bahijal74 »
All energy to weapons.

Offline gavilatius

lol that is hilarius

Offline gavilatius

general, i sent another mix of my voice to your e-mail... whaddya think?

Offline bahijal74

• BOOM baby!! haha
lol that is hilarius
thank you... lol i have been playign with audacity...again thank you lol..to me i enjoy the compliment
All energy to weapons.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
general, i sent another mix of my voice to your e-mail... whaddya think?

Have received. Needs a bit of cleanup, but it may work. I'll be in touch.

Offline -Norbert-

Did you also get my last batch of voices (the ones called take3)?