Author Topic: Just played through  (Read 7330 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
:wtf: Have you been completely ignoring all the FSO-supported features we use on the Port so far?

1) FS1 music
2) FS1 hud
3) Custom debriefing personas
4) Lightspeed-enhanced backgrounds
5) Galemp-enhanced artwork & models
6) FRED feature for importing missions from FS1
7) FS1-specific ai_profile changes
etc...

As we have said many times in the past, we are not going to drop support for retail FS2.  And as we have said many times in the past, just because we remain compatible doesn't mean we can't use FSO features.

Shame on me...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I'm curious as to why they use Retail.
Me too...

I just finished your FS1 port, and just started Reborn.  Great job on the port.  Looked fantastic, and played flawlessly in every way that matters.  Thanks for making this project available to us.

Last time I played through FS1 was sometime in the late 90s, if I'm not mistaken... it was great to be able to play through it again.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Glad to hear it! That's exactly the kind of reaction I was looking for. :)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Just finished Reborn.  I'm not the most skilled pilot (usually playing on Medium difficulty) but I found several missions incredibly hard.  Reducing the difficulty after 5-6 tries was usually my only recourse. 

I think this is in-line with the difficulty of the original expansion, though (maybe a tad bit more difficult than retail?)  That isn't bad, just a comment. 

I think it is great you guys brought to this fruition, and thanks again for making it available to the rest of us.  The story is definitely more cohesive than I remember the original being.

Keep up the great work.

Offline Nuclear1

People still use retail because shockingly enough, they can't afford or don't have the time for new systems to run FSO on. Which I can respect.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
5) Galemp-enhanced artwork & models

Oi! Galemp and Cobra-enhanced artwork and models. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I said so far. :p  Hasn't all your work been on 3.2?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I did some work in time for 3.1 ;)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
He did the top-down loadouts for the fighters, with the FS1-style blue lines leading to the weapon hardpoints.

Much appreciated, that was :)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Solatar

It's actually the subtle things like that that make the "FS1 Immersion Factor" even greater.