Author Topic: Independence War 2  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Because I can. ;7
Pictures of Independence War 2 with myself as the beauty shot photographer. :p

The Commonwealth Navy's VS-2100A Wasp Fighter, a fast little S.O.B. that you'll normally see in Navy bases.

One of the Oldies-But-Goldies from the first game, the NSO-989 Tariq Patrol Combatant (Patcom), called "The sister ship of the Dreadnaught." Smaller, faster, and lightly armed and shielded in comparison, I would've liked to fly this in the first I-War. Next to her is an NSO-1924E Enforcer Police Patcom, a law enforcer variant of the Tariq.

She might not be the CNV-301 Dreadnaught, but this ship was the star of the first I-War, the NSO-929X Dreadnaught Corvette. Like before she still sports the aft PBC for ships that want to try a sneak attack.

Another aging design, the NSO-1102E Bastille Destroyer can pose a threat with three Assault Cannons, with two capable of tracking targets from almost any angle, attacking it from the front requires the strongest of shielding.

The replacement of the Bastille, the NSO-2101C Guillotine Heavy Destroyer takes the capabilities of the Bastille and doubles it, with four omni-directional Assault Cannons, attacking it solo becomes suicide.

Seen in the first Indepedence War, the NSO-L230 Landing Ship Tank, LST was an experimental design for an interplanetary dropship, which is now used as a passenger ship. Its combat capabilities are miniscule, but I think it looks awsm. :D

Pack some beam weaponry or antimatter for this ship, the NSO-1210F Danube Cruiser may be old, but is still a very fearsome opponent.

Triple the firepower and shielding of the Danube, add beam cannons and a fighterbay, and you get the VS-10220-A Nova Heavy Cruiser, don't even bother getting close, stay far away from this monster and lodge lots of antimatter up its exhaust pipes.

Flying near the Mwari I star in an NSO-2002 Devastator Heavy Corvette, it's awfully close to it as well. :p

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Great game and great screenshots! The new Cruiser was very cool as was the new Destroyer (a shame both barely appear in the campaign) but one of the problems of the game was that it was far too easy for you to kill capital ships, equip a few beam lasers, close with them quick, fire, wait a few seconds and they're dead.

Offline Demitri

Loved this game. Hard as bloody nails! Whenever i install it i normally use the B5 mods from Buda5 to replace all the ships tho. Clay was brilliant as well. :yes:
"Brothers and sisters are natural enemies!
Like Englishmen and Scots!
Or Welshmen and Scots!
Or Japanese and Scots!
Or Scots and other Scots!
Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!" - Groundskeeper Willie

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Since you mentioned that...

What do you think that Tariq is thinking? :P

Or this Puffin? ;7

And especially this Guillotine. ;)

Offline darkone

• Space Sims will NEVER DIE
    • Space Sim Central
Loved both I-War games and it is a shame Particle Systems wasn't able to make another one. The graphics were very good for when this came out I would love to see what they could come up now. I have been trying to build an archive of all the I-War 2 mods for the most part before you cannot get them any more with links dying. So if you know of one I may not have on SSC just let me know or upload it yourself :)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Offline darkone

• Space Sims will NEVER DIE
    • Space Sim Central
Oh I know that website well, but they have only some of the smaller mods. I compiled Unstable Space v14.6, Torn Stars v8, B5 Mods, Battletech Mod and packaged some of the smaller mods into some packs so if there is some I don't have just let me know.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Pity that Particle Systems, after they finished the engine and visuals and sound - brilliant work all around, handed the mission design over to a team of 11-year olds. Oh, wait, that didn't happen? Well it sure seemed like it did. It's bad when you finish a game and you feel like you've played an interactive physics simulation than an actual game. Oh well. Flying around with the LDS, zooming past planets was great fun.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
It's all about flying 142km from stars (The closest you can be without melting :P ).

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Oh I know that website well, but they have only some of the smaller mods. I compiled Unstable Space v14.6, Torn Stars v8, B5 Mods, Battletech Mod and packaged some of the smaller mods into some packs so if there is some I don't have just let me know.

DID SOMEONE SAY BATTLETECH?

LINK NAO.

(plox)

:blah:

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
NEED LINK!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Yeah, that sounds sweet. Buda5 is badass enough, and I haven't heard of a BattleTech mod.