Author Topic: TBP Cannot Run "Alert Missions"  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
TBP Cannot Run "Alert Missions"
     I seem to be unable to run "alert" or the so-called "incoming transmission" missions with TBP. I'm running the program via the default Babylon Project DVD software, FSO 3.6.9. Essentially, when launching the mission a brief flash of the environment will show; afterwards, the screen immediately turns to black, the controls lock, and nothing can be done in the scenario. When switching to external views, the ship being flown (or supposed to be flown) cannot be seen or is otherwise completely absent from the scenario. The only thing I can do is watch the scenario play itself out from that perspective. Is there a reason for this problem?

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: TBP Cannot Run "Alert Missions"
Well there are a few things that can cause such behavior.  First is a corrupted pilot file.  Try creating a new pilot and replaying the campaign.  There were also problems with red-alert mission code in 3.6.9.  You may want to try 3.6.10 RC3 and see if it still happens.  If you are taking that route you might also want to grab Zathras which fixes a lot of other errors.  Link available in my sig.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
ERAU Aerospace Engineering Student eh? May I ask where?

Yes, you are describing the infamous Red-Alert Bug, a problem not limited to TBP. Fub's suggestion is the way to go.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
ERAU in Prescott, AZ. I could have gone to Florida, but I really loathe Florida...

In truth, I believe I'm going to transfer to somewhere in state for a while (IN, probably to a Purdue campus) due to an absolutely deplorable last semester. FTP really didn't help me a great deal.

As far as upgrading TBP goes, how would I do that? Forgive my ignorance, but by which means should the TBP application be upgraded, as it is a specialized derivative of FS2 Open.

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
TBP uses the standard FS2_Open builds.  If you download Zathras (link in my sig) the 3.6.10 builds are included.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yep, as FUBAR said, TBP runs on exactly the same engine as all the rest of Freespace Open, so the same executables work.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Good deal. I'll look into doing the upgrade some time during the week.

-Thaeris

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke