Author Topic: Old campaign script........  (Read 1721 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Old campaign script........
Dunno who's interested, but this is one of my abandoned secondary projects.... quite a neat concept, and this is the set of notes I written up for it.;

(It's set in a single system, which would have allowed abit of familiarity between locations for the player :).  I only ever finished 1 model - the Reshef - although the Solaris only needs docking paths. )

Year 0 -

8 years after Capella, the GTVA has opened the node to Tau Sigma, system in Shivan space.  2 years of bloody conflict have captured the system from the Shivans, making a heavily fortified military base for defending the GTVA.   As the GTVA prepares to further attack the Shivan systems, a subspace cataclysm cuts off the link back home... and leaves the Terran 7th and Vasudan 12th fleets facing a Shivan onslaught.

This focuses around the frantic attampts to blockade the system, by accessing the Knossos device connecting it to shivan space, and shutting it down - locking the Shivans out....

As the battered forces stand on the brink of annihilation, a small scout group discovers the ultimate weapon - the Prophet.  A millenia old, it has lain dormant in Tau Sigma since the Ancients destruction.  As the GTVA struggles to bring the Prophet online and activate it's never before used weapons systems.... or face their own annihilation.

Year 10 -

10 years later, and the Prophet stands guard over Tau Sigma.  It's immense firepower, coupled with the repair made over 10 years, are sufficient to prevent the Shivan fleet from trying to enter Tau Sigma.  In the depths of the system, the remnants of the GTVA fleets are able to build for the future.  As the transports venture out to the site of the cataclysm of 10 years ago, and to the old shipyards of Tau Sigma, they discover something.... the remnants of a GTVI installation and destroyer, left from 10 years ago... and those willing to die to protect its secrets - from the Imperium and the Shivans.

As the remnants of the Fleets - the New Imperium - begin to understand the secrets of the GTVIs' Pathfinder project, they realise that it stands the key to their salvation - or their destruction.  If it suceeeds, it can lead home.  But it can open the gate to the Shivan mega-destroyers - the ships the Prophet was built to stop - the true Lucifer class.

Year 20 -

10 years on, and the Imperium prepares to activate the Messiah - the first ship to use the GTVIs' technology to open the road home.... as the Shivans get through the Knossos and flood Tau Sigma, seeking the technology to open up the Galaxy to their ultimate weapon.    If the Imperium fails to get home and warn the GTVA, the cage the Ancients built to hold the Megadestroyers - the knowledge they sacrificed to protect the future - will stand for nothing.

But their plan fails.... even as the wormhole is opened - the route home -  a MegaDestroyer somehow manages to get into the system. With the power to destroy a Terran fleet, there is only one hope..... the Prophet must be sacrificed to save the GTVA.

The gimmick......
(clever bit)

Ship designs and textures evolve over time....
- textures become old, worn.
- GTVA style ships are replaced with the Imperium ships, rapidly increasing in sophisitacation and weaponry after the old manufacturing facilities are captured in Year 10 - the very feel of the ships changes
 -The Prophet starts off as a barely functional wreck, only to be rebuilt with Terran components (model changes)
- recognisable regions of space, where the appearance changes over time to reflect events in the story
- the black hole type thingie to represent the cataclysm.
- star colours/ nebulas darkened and tweaked to reflect the darkening of mood.....
- NPC characters to amn cruical battleships.

ships;

===========
Year 0  (Capella +8)
11 models
===========

-Terran
-Cruiser (Leviathan successor)
- AWACs Jamming ship
- Interceptor
- stealth fighter
- Ursa Mk.II heavy bomber)

-Vasudan
- Cruiser
-Destroyer / Carrier
- Assault/ Space Superiority
- stealth fighter
- Ursa Mk.II heavy bomber)

-Shivan
- SCv Scylla

-Other
- Prophet (damaged)

===========
Year 10 (Capella +18)
8 models
===========

-Imperium (T-V)
- Refitted Fenris class
- Control & Command Installation
- Repair Installation
- Light fighter (cheap & crap)
- explorer transports

-Black Nights(?)(GTVI / rebels)
-GTVI dreadnaught (Polaris)
- Black Ops fighters
- Research installation

===========
Year 20 (Capella +28)
9 models
===========
- Imperium
- Messiah - wormhole opening ship
- Stealth fighter / bomber
- Advanced bomber
- Corvette
- destroyer (altered Heca?)
- T-V destroyer

-Shivan
- Mega Destroyer
- advanced fighter class
- advanced bomber class

===========
SFX
===========

New system nebulas
Subspace cataclysm background / model
Planetary models

===========
Weapons
===========

Mega beams - Prophet & Shivan MegaDestroyer
5-10 new fighter primaries
4-8 new fighter secondaries
Advanced capship laser turrets
Improved fushion mortar

Offline Razor

Oh come on! Tau Sigma? OK It was popular but now it is getting lame because almsot every new campaign uses that name for a system which doen't even excist on the starmap.
Think of the better one.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I can`t figure out how on earth the GTVA could take and hold a system from the shivans. (actually I can`t figure out why they wouldn`t seal the Tau sigma node first chance they got!)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
As I have said before, many parts of the Derelict storyline seemed quite implausible; that was one of them.

Oh come on! Tau Sigma? OK It was popular but now it is getting lame because almsot every new campaign uses that name for a system which doen't even excist on the starmap.
Think of the better one.

:D Actually Tau and Sigma are both greek letters, so the name doesn't really make sense anyway. :D (systems seem to be usually named with the constellation they are in along with a greek letter to denote the star)

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
what i dont understand is how it took so long for a superdestroyer to show up.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Tau Sigma - it's the first name I thought of.

How could the GTVA hold the system?  Simple.  1 entry point, sevral GTVa fleets and about 30 Mjolnirs.  Also, the Shivans largely ignored it till the GTVA entered.

And remeber it took the gTVa around 30 years to find the Knossos, and that TauS is a conflict zone - no time for scans of a dangerous asteroid field.

Anyway, it's an old idea.

Offline Razor

There are just too many Derelct fanatics here. Chee come on. Is n't it the point to think of something original?

Well in my campaign, we are all trying to be original. :D

We have unique names for our ships. :D

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
Well i actually quite like the idea of it all :D, but have to say making new models for the "development" of the Prophet would take quite some time (i assume it would be F'ing big) but it would be real sweet. I would try and do it my self, but i have no knowledge of moding what so ever :(
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Actually, i've never played Derelict.... or any Fs2 campaign for that matter.   I've been waiting till I've finished modding, and then d/ling a shed load to play.