Author Topic: What The.....  (Read 8982 times)

I'm still patiently waiting for the day when Hollywood realizes that movie adaptations of games just aren't worth it anymore.

I suppose this proves I'll be waiting even longer than I thought.

Oh come on after my favourite movie of all time, Wing Commander, why wouldn't they make more game-based movies.
It just can't fail!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I'm still patiently waiting for the day when Hollywood realizes that movie adaptations of games just aren't worth it anymore.

I suppose this proves I'll be waiting even longer than I thought.
Movie adaptations of games and vice versa are only failing because they are developed seperately and at different times. If both were developed at the same time, and the teams worked very closely with each other, maybe sharing the same story writer, it could very well be a WINNER.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
So dividing attention and resources across two different mediums is the recipe for success?

I have to disagree. :/

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Perhaps not dividing attention and resources, but making sure that both the movie and game complement each other, perhaps both telling different parts of the same story, making sure identifiable characters can be found in both the game and the movie. I really think its possible; having a good movie game and vice versa.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You can't have a good movie of a game.  That would implode the universe.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Well, the universe is expendable.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Batman: Arkham Asylum has shown the world that one can have a fantastic game based on a comic book series.  Who knows what other wonders the future may hold.

You can't have a good movie of a game.  That would implode the universe.

Mortal Kombat was good :D

As was the Street Fighter ANIMATED movie. (heard the live action one was not so hot)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
AVP, though lacking very much in plot, was highly entertaining.

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Well AVP is more a comic book movie.
They're not bad but I dislike them for the massive liberties they use with continuity (specifically alien incubation and growth periods).

Offline stuart133

• Check for Fail

Very true, but why oh why did they have to make that abomination AVP 2  :confused: :confused: :confused:
Also I would love to see a movie of the X series. Dunno how it would work but I think it could be done :)
Organiser of HLP 10. (Well at least so I am told)

Stuart you're running this one now ain't ya? So get choosing. :p

Offline Snail

• SC 5
AVP2... Urghhh...

Am I the only one who thought AVP2 was better than the first?

Offline stuart133

• Check for Fail

Yes, definitely, though they both sucked hard, AVP 2 wasn't even a good watch. Talking of rubbish game movies, has anyone seen doom?

Yes, definitely, though they both sucked hard, AVP 2 wasn't even a good watch. Talking of rubbish game movies, has anyone seen doom?

Hey speaking of movies that I sort of enjoyed. I got the DVD on my shelf right now :D

My biggest peeve with Doom is that they changed the story from supernatural to scientific though.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
So.

I believe that the combined ensemble of District 9, Halo 3: Landfall, and the Halo 3 'We Are ODST' trailer that came out yesterday proves that a Halo movie could be excellent.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
If it weren't languishing in development hell.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
So.

I believe that the combined ensemble of District 9, Halo 3: Landfall, and the Halo 3 'We Are ODST' trailer that came out yesterday proves that a Halo movie could be excellent.
I concur. HARD.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline stuart133

• Check for Fail
Yeah a Halo movie would be very cool. Also, and I think I have made this point elsewhere, what does everyone think about a Freespace movie. I know it has probably been brought up before, but it would be great, especially with modern CGI.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Yeah a Halo movie would be very cool. Also, and I think I have made this point elsewhere, what does everyone think about a Freespace movie. I know it has probably been brought up before, but it would be great, especially with modern CGI.

:headz:

You're the smiley.