Author Topic: Freezing for some reason  (Read 993 times)

Offline Goblix

Freezing for some reason
Hi there, I've been playing FSO for ages but have never had ANY problems like this since i got a quad core (i think this is the problem..) but the problem is that after about 15-20 minutes of game play either in the menu or actually in game the game will just freeze up and I'm forced to ctrl-alt-delete and end process, it gives no error message that i've seen but I will try to reproduce the crash in a bit.

Specs
AMD 940 Quad Core
ATI 4890
4GB of DDR2 800
Also running Vista x64

Like I said above I've never had this problem since i got my quad core two weeks ago. And it's not Vista, I've been using it for 2 years no problem with FSO.

Thanks for any help, will post additional info if it's required!

Edit: I've also made sure the game is only running on a single core, it sets itself automatically.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Freezing for some reason
Could we get the fs2open log as described here?

Offline Goblix

That debugger just gives errors upon errors! I take it it doesn't like when i run mods.. sorry Blue Planet :(

I'll try to have that error log to you in a few minutes!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Oy! If you're having any trouble getting BP running, I'll definitely help out.

...and no, the debugger shouldn't have any particular trouble with BP, except for any crazy weird stuff with the models used. BP is pretty stable by and large. (It is my favorite campaign ever  :p and no I did not make it I just liked it so much I joined the team.)

Definitely don't give up on BP.

Offline Goblix

I haven't given up on BP man, but right now I can't replicate the damn crash! It only seems to happen in custom campaigns but I'm not sure, I'll mess with it in the morning it's a bit late.. Thanks for trying to help bud  :p