Author Topic: Noobish/hud and lua  (Read 2118 times)

Noobish/hud and lua
Hi all scripter!

Well i saw that we can deal with many things about the hud with lua scripting,
I don't know yet how to script, and before diving into that pandora's box, i would like to know if it would be feasible or not,
I'm looking for a way to constrain the hud rendering in a given resolution from the center of the screen.
I explain :
I'd like to make a script where you can give the resolution where the hud will be able to stretch around, why?
For multi screen support, let's say we have a resolution of 3840*1024, by default, the hud (including cross hair/radar/weapons and center hud) will stretch around the whole resolution, but if we could set in the script that the hud get rendered in a resolution of 1280*1024 from the center of the screen (by a math of x res axis/2 and let the y in a 1/1 scale ) we could end by a script that enable any screen format (including triplehead and more).
May i have a chance to achieve that with lua?
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: Noobish/hud and lua
you really cant change the existing hud with scripting, but you can recreate some of the gauges. i would eventually like to have a fully scripted hud but no one, self included, has ever seriously set out to develop such a thing. id say 90% of what is needed already exists in scripting.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

I see, so it should not be the first thing to attack lua for i guess  :(
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
it heps to play around with simpler things first, once your familiar with how the hooks work and how to access certain data from the game, and of course the basics of lua, new possibilities are always certain to come.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

I ll read lua guide and follow tutorials first,
then i think i'd like to make a script that check remaining payload on ship's death and add the explosion damage of the remaining'a payload to the ship's dying damage, do you think that's doable/not too much ambitious?
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)